Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Medical Card pays for massages. (Editted to include proof!) (EDIT AGAIN)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 199 Replies
2 moms liked this

I don't even have a copay. It pays for me to get a massage every single week. No, I don't have back problems. I am a perfectly healthy young woman who now enjoys an hour long massage at a spa every single week thanks to State Medicaid! If you think about it, though, Medicaid recipients are probably the ones most in need of massages. Enjoying it! :)

EDIT:

I am not trolling or making this up. I actually think it's really cool. Like I already said once, I started going to the chiropractor and he recommended I do the massages with a massage therapist in his office. His receptionist called in to my insurance company and got me approved for a one hour massage every week. They do this with several medicaid recipients.

EDIT!!!! FOUND PROOF FOR YA! Found the place in the Wellcare manual that talks about this:

CPT®©** Codes:

The following CPT codes may be reimbursed in 15-minute increments for a maximum of four units or one (1) hour per day, per therapy type and a combined maximum of two (2) hours of therapy per day.

97124 Therapeutic procedure, one or more areas, each 15 minutes; massage, including effleurage, petrissage and/or tapotement (stroking, compression, percussion)

Basically, I use 4 units of Code 97124 per day, which is the maximum you can use per day. A unit is a 15-minute increment, and I am allowed 4 units per day of a theraputic procedure, including massage, effleurage, petrissage, or tapotement.

There ya go!

ANOTHER EDIT!

In the replies to this post, I have been called a bitch, disgusting, pathetic, and a pos all for utilizing my own insurance benefits.

I utilize services which are covered by my insurance on a card that I qualify for.  I was referred to these services by my chiropractor, who got me pre-approved by the insurance company.  I paid the copay until the insurance company send me a refund check saying I did not have to pay a copay. 

If you have a problem with it....it's exactly that:  your personal problem.  It's not mine.  Be as mean and rude to me as you would like.  You're not going to make me feel bad because I am not doing anything remotely even close to wrong. 

For those of you with serious health problems that cannot get good insurance coverage to cover the help you need, I am genuinely sorry.  I pray you get the help you need and I am very sorry for your situation.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2014 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 21, 2014 at 7:49 PM
Uh huh.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 21, 2014 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this
No it doesnt cover it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 21, 2014 at 7:51 PM
Troll
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 21, 2014 at 7:51 PM
No they don't.... Nice try troll
kristiansmommy1
by Amanda on Mar. 21, 2014 at 7:51 PM
Lol!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 21, 2014 at 7:51 PM
I have Medicaid and it barely covers chiro services... does not cover theraputic massage.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 21, 2014 at 7:51 PM
How????
brittybby2010
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 7:52 PM

Lol no, it doesn't. 

jacsmama022
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 7:52 PM
No it doesn't.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2014 at 7:53 PM
Not making it up. I got the massages through my chiropractor. I don't have a copay for chiropractic or massage services. My chiropractor was the one that recommended I try the massages and his receptionist called and got me approved.
Quoting Anonymous: I have Medicaid and it barely covers chiro services... does not cover theraputic massage.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)