Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you don't believe in God...

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 9:51 PM
  • 408 Replies

First off, I want to say that I don't want this to turn into a bashing post. I am looking for real, meaningful answers. I know this is MC, but I also know that everyone here is capable of giving a mature, well-thought out answer.

That being said, if you do not believe in God, why? If you weren't raised in Church, or if you were, doesn't matter. If you don't believe in God, do you believe there is still a higher power{s}? Please give me a good detailed answer of why you don't believe. I have been curious about this from the first time I actually comprehended that there were people that didn't believe.

Thanks in advance for your answers!

by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 9:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Mar. 21, 2014 at 9:52 PM
2 moms liked this

I really don't have a detailed answer to your question. I simply just do not believe and I have no reason to need or want to.

AnastasiaKorsh
by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 9:57 PM
I wasn't raised in a religious house hold and never felt the need to have religion in my life, even though as a child I participated in a lot of religious fasting with my religious friends, and went to different churches with them.

In my early 20's I went through a mini agnostic crisis, where I really didn't know if God(s) existed, but nothing really came of it.
SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 10:00 PM
7 moms liked this
I'm a proof girl, not a faith girl.

I was raised Lutheran.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 21, 2014 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I was born and raised Lutheran. By the time I was 17, 18, I strayed away from religion and haven't looked back. I was never convinced there was a God, to be honest. I remember telling my mom that I thought I was an Atheist and she told me to shut the fuck up. So yeah. No religion for me.
Outspoken.Mime
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 10:02 PM
7 moms liked this

I don't believe in anything preached by organized religion.  If you read the history of essentially any of them, they are all about power and control of the masses at their core.

I was raised Catholic.  Gave that up when it became clear that they operate exactly like an organized crime syndicate.

Now I am agnostic.  I don't disbelieve in the concept of something more than we are, I just don't think anyone has defined it.

Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Mar. 21, 2014 at 10:04 PM
1 mom liked this

No, I don't believe in God or any kind of a higher power.

I can't give you a long and detailed answer of why, because such doesn't exist. It's simple for me. I've never believed. It's not something I chose, it's just how my brain is wired. Proof, or it didn't happen. There is no scientific proof of God whatsoever, therefore...

beeky
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I've never believed in god.  I think the whole concept is ludicrous.

Hubris_Huntsman
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Raised Catholic. I simply don't believe.
TigressLily
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Can you expand on why you think it is ludicrous, please?

Quoting beeky:

I've never believed in god.  I think the whole concept is ludicrous.

IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Mar. 21, 2014 at 10:08 PM
3 moms liked this

I've been a skeptic since I was about....9 or so?

I was raised Catholic and went to Catholic school until I was 12 years old. I want to say I was around 9 when I decided that if 'god was so nice he wouldn't send anyone to hell'. I reasoned that there was just no hell at all, mostly because I was worried that I only half believed or didn't believe enough to make it to heaven.

Then I got to thinking that.. if I could just decide that parts of the bible are true and untrue, that the whole thing is really kind of nonsensical. That was when I was about 11..and the more I learned about religion, the more I settled on that as my take. It's a very far-fetched and violent as well as historically and scientifically flawed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)