Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My DH left us with no food

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 195 Replies

He just started his new job tonight. I got home from work and we switched out and he took the car. He said he was going to get food at the store but he didnt end up going (via the bus)

Before he left he didnt even mention that he didnt make it to the store. We just moved to our new house and literally have ketchup, mustard, and milk in the fridge. We had one roll of ritz crackers and that is it. I didnt realize until I went to make stuff for dinner and there was nothing there. I tried calling places that have delivery but apparently we live to far out of town and no one delivers here. 

I just cant believe he would leave me and my 6 year old DS without any food for the night. He could have at least told me before the busses shut down.

He said he didnt think about it. I cant believe he would be so irresponsible and tell me he was going shopping and then not and then forgetting to tell me. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2014 at 11:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wamom223
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 11:35 PM

He didn't think about it?  Did he think about feeding himself?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2014 at 11:36 PM

He can get stuff at work 

Quoting wamom223:

neveragain17
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 11:38 PM
I'd be so mad! Any near by neighbors?
Jamabot5
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 11:38 PM
2 moms liked this

That was a pretty tool-ish move, I agree. But, I would imagine he didn't do it on purpose. He probably wasn't hungry, ergo, it didn't occur to him that food would be required at some point. That's how my DH is, at least.

Is there any way he can take an early lunch break or something and run some food home to you guys?

SoInLove515
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 11:38 PM
Sounds like a typical man. I would make him bring us something to eat. Atleast for the kid
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2014 at 11:38 PM

The nearest neighbor is like a mile away and we havent met them yet. I dont think almost 10pm is a good time to try lol 

Quoting neveragain17: I'd be so mad! Any near by neighbors?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2014 at 11:39 PM

He cant until he is off work =/

Quoting SoInLove515: Sounds like a typical man. I would make him bring us something to eat. Atleast for the kid

wamom223
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 11:39 PM

Not to be rude but you are an adult and I don't think its that terrible that he would forget that you need to eat but its terrible that he didn't think of your son.  I would be beyond pissed.  

Quoting Anonymous:

He can get stuff at work 

Quoting wamom223:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2014 at 11:40 PM

He wont make it here and back in time on his break so we are SOL 

Quoting Jamabot5:

That was a pretty tool-ish move, I agree. But, I would imagine he didn't do it on purpose. He probably wasn't hungry, ergo, it didn't occur to him that food would be required at some point. That's how my DH is, at least.

Is there any way he can take an early lunch break or something and run some food home to you guys?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2014 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Tell the delivery driver you will pay extra ?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)