Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dh can't handle my emotional venom, update apparently he can.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 60 Replies

update ***

he was awake when I got home this morning. He wanted time to think about what I said. He said although I could have told him sooner, instead of exploding, he understands and agrees. We are going to call and make appts for counseling for the girls on Monday and he promised to cut down ds's video game/tv time. (my dh is a sahd and an excellent one) and he also liked my idea about putting all three kiddos in tball/softball. So to all ya'll saying he should leave me and I'm abusive, you weren't there and you don't know my sd's background. And to those being understanding thank you so much you're wonderful :)

So I found out recently that I am pregnant with my third child. Ok cool congrats to us w/e, but tonight I am just not a good person to be around, but I dont want to be alone either :/   I was irritated about dh's dd dropping a cup on my dds head (heavy metal thermos lid cup) intentionally, because my dd had tripped and dropped an empty plastic cup on her toe. Sd admited the whole thing laughing. I told her to go to her room and wait for her dad. (sd is 10, dd is 7) two minutes later she comes downstairs demanding a phone call because being in her room is prison and she deserves her phone call. (kinda funny i know) Then preceded to tell me how evil of a sm I am.

Well dh said just call it even. I was really irritated so I left to do some work. I came home like 40 min later to them having a good time she's laughing and telling me she loves me and she's sorry she was mean to me. I asked if she apologized to dd, and she asks why? I didn't want to start it up again so I kissed her head, dd's head, and ds's head and went and laid down. Dh comes in with what's wrong and talk to me please? and then he goes back out.

He comes in a min later and lays down with me and so I tell him every bad thought in my head from sd is just like her bm, manipulative and laughing at other peoples pain is sick! My dd is going to end up like I was as a kid, a low self esteem and praying for friends, and ds is going to be like dh an introvert who's obsessed with video games who jumps at the first girl who pays attention to him.

I was horrible and I really don't know if I meant it or I was just upset, or if its hormones?? Either way, I'm at work now and he's not texting and won't answer the phone like normal. I hope he just fell asleep and isn't really angry. Now i am just sad. I am so glad i am alone tonight. I think it's probably not even a big deal, maybe it just feels exagerated in my head? I hate being upset or crying in front of people.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2014 at 3:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2014 at 3:46 AM

Well now, you did a great job of destroying your dh's self esteem, didn't you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2014 at 3:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Is there somebody  else  you  can  dump  on  instead of him?   That is  his child  you  were  ragging  on.   If somebody  talked  shit  about  your  kid  like that  and compared  them  to your ex  I don't think you  would  like it.   You   just  shot  him  down  and  the kids.   I think  you  should  find a therapist  and  tell them  all this stuff.    It  is one  thing  to talk  over problems  with an SO  but to  just  denegrate  your  whole  life as being  a pile  of shit  how  is that supposed to make him feel?  Kids will be kids and they will act like kids.  You  cannot  expect them  to  rationalize like adults. 

TemptingFate
by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 3:50 AM
I had those days. I always told everyone I don't feel good, I'm going to lay down, please just leave me alone, and banished myself to the bedroom so I wouldn't say something that would hurt someone.
Just apologize to him. A lot of women have pregnancy rages. You just have to figure out how to contain them so you don't hurt anyone. Your hormones are crazy out of control.
Hugs. I hope it gets better for you.

ETA, if you don't want to be alone, then maybe you can say something to your husband like, please just hold me, but don't talk to me, I'm afraid I'll lash out. I'm sure after what happened, he'll know what you mean. Or find a family friendly movie, something to occupy everyone so you all don't end up talking and you hurting someone's feelings, you know?
LeslieandBerlyn
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 3:52 AM
Wow, you crossed major lines by talking shit on his kids. I would leave a person like that in the dust.
3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Mar. 22, 2014 at 3:53 AM
1 mom liked this
This. He would do the same if he has a backbone.

Quoting LeslieandBerlyn: Wow, you crossed major lines by talking shit on his kids. I would leave a person like that in the dust.
lovinglife1622
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 3:59 AM
You needed to vent, I think you did it to the wrong person. You should getq therapist while you're pregnant. It might help to have someone to tell all this to without hurting then. If my hubby had said that about my son and me I'd be upset
Browncoat4eva
by Mackenzie on Mar. 22, 2014 at 4:02 AM

Two words: family counseling. 

Peace, and all that jazz...

~Mackenzie 

a Browncoat4eva 

...I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch me soar...

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2014 at 4:06 AM

thank you very supportive

Quoting Anonymous:

Well now, you did a great job of destroying your dh's self esteem, didn't you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2014 at 4:08 AM

no. there isn't. i realize kids are kids. so thank you for your opinion.

Quoting Anonymous:

Is there somebody  else  you  can  dump  on  instead of him?   That is  his child  you  were  ragging  on.   If somebody  talked  shit  about  your  kid  like that  and compared  them  to your ex  I don't think you  would  like it.   You   just  shot  him  down  and  the kids.   I think  you  should  find a therapist  and  tell them  all this stuff.    It  is one  thing  to talk  over problems  with an SO  but to  just  denegrate  your  whole  life as being  a pile  of shit  how  is that supposed to make him feel?  Kids will be kids and they will act like kids.  You  cannot  expect them  to  rationalize like adults. 

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 22, 2014 at 4:10 AM
3 moms liked this

Yes, very interesting, please carry on... (GIF animation)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)