Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Soo tired... Going onto day 4 of basically no sleep

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
My 5 month old refuses to sleep in his crib!! No matter what I try ( I tried the tshirt in crib, moving him when he sleeping, everything) I can't get him to sleep for longer then 30 mins.. But on a regular bed he will sleep for at least 2 hours!! I'm at a lose here. He doesn't like being touched when he's sleeping and my boyfriend moves around too much in his sleep for H to sleep between us... Anyone got suggestions to help me out? Please
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2014 at 7:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 8:46 AM
6 mos is the start of separation anxiety. T-shirt in crib? Was that for softening it or was it YOUR shirt? Have you tried massage with lavender lotion? Wouldn't you pass out after a full body massage? Room darkening curtains? White noise? Did you check for teething? Maybe just get a twin bed and put bed rails. I work nights and sleep when the baby does and I made sure they got their sleep so I could get mine!
briellesmomma
by Velvet on Mar. 22, 2014 at 8:48 AM
I coslept so I'm not help. Here's a bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2014 at 8:50 AM
No clue. Both my boys sleep in bed with me. They are 4 and 6 mo.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2014 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this
That's why I never CREATED a habit. From day 1 they slept in their bassinet/crib. Just put him in. Let him cry. He eventually will get used to it and sleep.
mygardenia
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 8:51 AM
Same here....bumb!

Quoting briellesmomma: I coslept so I'm not help. Here's a bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2014 at 8:52 AM
Eeek!! Poor babies :(

Quoting Anonymous: That's why I never CREATED a habit. From day 1 they slept in their bassinet/crib. Just put him in. Let him cry. He eventually will get used to it and sleep.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2014 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Studies have shown an extreme detrimental effect on a baby's developing brain when they CIO.

Quoting Anonymous: That's why I never CREATED a habit. From day 1 they slept in their bassinet/crib. Just put him in. Let him cry. He eventually will get used to it and sleep.
MrsErdos2011
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:01 AM
The plastic covering on the crib mattress may be too loud and uncomfortable for him. If you don't have one already, see if you can find a pad that will go over it to make it more like a regular mattress
cntrdmom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:02 AM
Me too.

Quoting mygardenia: Same here....bumb!

Quoting briellesmomma: I coslept so I'm not help. Here's a bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:06 AM
Bullcrap. You dont just lay them there walk out and ignore them. You make sure theu are fex, warm, dry, let them know you love them and lay them down. When you create a habit yeah you make a monster when you try to breakn it.

Quoting Anonymous: Studies have shown an extreme detrimental effect on a baby's developing baring when they CIO.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)