Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I only go shopping for food in the middle of the night

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies

My DH thinks I am weird for it but whenever I go grocery shopping I go at like 2 or 3 am. I find it a lot easier as I am almost always one of the only people at the store and if you go on the right day they have just stocked everything and I get pretty much first pick

Our store is very busy during the day and I hated having to deal with so many other people so I just go in the middle of the night

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2014 at 7:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lilith23
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 7:46 AM
:o i go first thing on Monday morning, like I'd be the first person in the store so i get first pick too.
I get you on that one :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2014 at 7:46 AM
I do the same thing except I go the night before the 1st around 11pm.... Shelfs are always stocked and then I don't have to deal with the long lines from all the food stamp users the first week of the month....
AjsMom0508
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 7:47 AM
I like grocery shopping at night too. I usually go around 11. I don't like crowds and get frustrated by oblivious people. It's much more relaxing to do it at a time when the store is dead.
bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 7:47 AM
I did that occasionally when I worked 2nd and 3rds but now that I work 1st, no way lol.
cntrdmom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 7:48 AM
That's when I prefer to go. I work nights though
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2014 at 7:48 AM
I usually go in the middle of the morning there's nothing but old people there at that time and I can deal with them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 22, 2014 at 7:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Do you have a social anxiety disorder? That's an awful lot of effort to avoid crowds and get bananas that are eight hours newer.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2014 at 7:52 AM

No I am impatient and dont like waiting around for people to move out of the way of where I need to go. My store will be packed (only one on this side of town) during almost any time of the day and it drives me nuts taking forever to walk down the isles because there are 10-15 people in the same one. 

There is no effort involved I just go at a different time and I see a lot of benefits from it. 

Quoting Anonymous: Do you have a social anxiety disorder? That's an awful lot of effort to avoid crowds and get bananas that are eight hours newer.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 22, 2014 at 7:53 AM
Are you typically up in the middle of the night?

Quoting Anonymous:

No I am impatient and dont like waiting around for people to move out of the way of where I need to go. My store will be packed (only one on this side of town) during almost any time of the day and it drives me nuts taking forever to walk down the isles because there are 10-15 people in the same one. 

There is no effort involved I just go at a different time and I see a lot of benefits from it. 

Quoting Anonymous: Do you have a social anxiety disorder? That's an awful lot of effort to avoid crowds and get bananas that are eight hours newer.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2014 at 7:54 AM

Usually 

Quoting Anonymous: Are you typically up in the middle of the night?
Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)