Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I only go shopping for food in the middle of the night

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My DH thinks I am weird for it but whenever I go grocery shopping I go at like 2 or 3 am. I find it a lot easier as I am almost always one of the only people at the store and if you go on the right day they have just stocked everything and I get pretty much first pick

Our store is very busy during the day and I hated having to deal with so many other people so I just go in the middle of the night

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2014 at 7:43 AM
Replies (11-20):
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 7:54 AM
I joke that I would much rather go to the grocery store during the day with 5 kids in tow rather than go on a Saturday by myself. I hate hate hate hate the crowds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrspeterrabbit
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 7:57 AM
I used to do that too
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 22, 2014 at 7:57 AM
Okay then. It seems a bit more understandable then. Our grocery stores aren't open then.

Quoting Anonymous:

Usually 

Quoting Anonymous: Are you typically up in the middle of the night?

Quoting Anonymous:

No I am impatient and dont like waiting around for people to move out of the way of where I need to go. My store will be packed (only one on this side of town) during almost any time of the day and it drives me nuts taking forever to walk down the isles because there are 10-15 people in the same one. 

There is no effort involved I just go at a different time and I see a lot of benefits from it. 

Quoting Anonymous: Do you have a social anxiety disorder? That's an awful lot of effort to avoid crowds and get bananas that are eight hours newer.

PlaysAllDay
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 7:57 AM
My favorite shopping time is 2-3am. I know what days what shipments are coming in. Has nothing to do with anxiety but I live in a very populated area. I do not find it fun to take my kids to the store with 300 other shoppers. Most of them are old and mean! Plus there have been times I couldn't get milk, produce, bread, ect because they were out.

It's just much easier and relaxing to shop when normal people are sleeping.

Quoting Anonymous: Do you have a social anxiety disorder? That's an awful lot of effort to avoid crowds and get bananas that are eight hours newer.
drowningmama
by vendetta on Mar. 22, 2014 at 7:57 AM

We only have a superwalmart.  We dont really have any other store for miles.  I try and go super early in the morning.  I dont understand how we only have a walmart when our county is really growing.  Who knows?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2014 at 7:58 AM

Ours is open 24/7 which I love 

Quoting Anonymous: Okay then. It seems a bit more understandable then. Our grocery stores aren't open then.
Quoting Anonymous:

Usually 

Quoting Anonymous: Are you typically up in the middle of the night?
Quoting Anonymous:

No I am impatient and dont like waiting around for people to move out of the way of where I need to go. My store will be packed (only one on this side of town) during almost any time of the day and it drives me nuts taking forever to walk down the isles because there are 10-15 people in the same one. 

There is no effort involved I just go at a different time and I see a lot of benefits from it. 

gabenmikeysmom
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 7:59 AM
Do you take your kids with you?
moniagee
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 7:59 AM
I went at 3am this morning, lol. That's the best time to go.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 22, 2014 at 7:59 AM
I go around mid day after the loads come in
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2014 at 7:59 AM

My DS has gone with me a few times

Quoting gabenmikeysmom: Do you take your kids with you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN