Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I only go shopping for food in the middle of the night

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My DH thinks I am weird for it but whenever I go grocery shopping I go at like 2 or 3 am. I find it a lot easier as I am almost always one of the only people at the store and if you go on the right day they have just stocked everything and I get pretty much first pick

Our store is very busy during the day and I hated having to deal with so many other people so I just go in the middle of the night

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2014 at 7:43 AM
Replies (31-40):
tecsabates
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 8:10 AM
I used to do the same thing. So much easier without having to deal with the crowds
bcauseimthemom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 8:11 AM

I used to do the same thing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 22, 2014 at 8:12 AM
My husband used to be a store manager of a grocery store and Monday mornings were the worst days to go. Most, if not all of the Senior managers are off on Sundays - you know what happens when the cat is away... Lol

Quoting Lilith23: :o i go first thing on Monday morning, like I'd be the first person in the store so i get first pick too.
I get you on that one :)
tecsabates
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 8:14 AM
My fave thing about midnight shopping is that when you go the night before the weekly deals switch and time it right, you can get both the last weeks and new weeks deals at once.
lucille.bluth
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 8:16 AM

I totally get it. I go at 7 am and people act like I'm crazy. There is hardly anyone there and it makes it so much faster and easier. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 22, 2014 at 8:24 AM
This lady I know is one of those extreme couponer types - only she does it as sort of charity. 99% of what she buys each trip goes to a local food cupboard. She keeps only what her family actually needs and donates te rest.
She always does her trips at night like that when she can so that she's not holding up other people or causing big lines while they do all her coupons.
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 8:25 AM

I've only went shopping a couple times at night- but most of the time I'm too tired at the end of the day to do any shopping. 

lexiloo714
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 8:25 AM
I don't blame you
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Mar. 22, 2014 at 8:26 AM
Yeah I could do that if I wasn't sleeping. Way easier.
Chunkymunkey922
by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 8:27 AM
When I was up all night (pre child days) I would my shopping at night. It was easier. And I lived in a college town so yoh just never knew What'd you see at 2am lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)