Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Stupid Goose!

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 7:48 AM
  • 17 Replies

I have the worlds most stupid goose decide to take a break in my back yard. It has to have had something wrong with it, they typically travel in packs.

My yard is large but has no water source and a lot of trees, typically not where geese land, and we get a lot around here.

Anyhow I open my back door and there is this 40 lb giant in my yard, My dog Nico looks at it and goes stock still like studying it. I realize whats going on and Im like Holy shit, my dogs going to attack this goose.

Unwilling to clean up feathers and hide the evidence lest we get fined, I took action, running out into my yard barefoot , in only my night gown.

Yelling at it, yelling at Nico to stay, and the thing like looks at me for about 20 seconds before it begins to just walk away and eventually take off.

Im sorry Mr goose if you chose my yard to come and die - you picked the wrong yard!

ugh now myfeet are nasty.

by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 7:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Foolynroo2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 7:50 AM

Im just hoping he doesn't tell his goose friends that my yard is a sweet pit stop.

cntrdmom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 7:53 AM
Goose hater
Foolynroo2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 7:53 AM

Quoting cntrdmom: Goose hater

Hey I saved a goose life this morning!

cntrdmom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 7:55 AM
Lol

Quoting Foolynroo2:

Quoting cntrdmom: Goose hater

Hey I saved a goose life this morning!

Foolynroo2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 7:57 AM

Canadian Geese are protected wildlife, you aren't even allowed harm or kill them.

THere is a 10 thousand dollar fine.

Quoting drowningmama:

That happens here - a lot.  My dod usually kills them and eats them.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2014 at 7:59 AM

We had a goose hanging around our old apartment complex.  It is strange when they are alone. another resident told us that geese mate for life.   =the mate will often remain in the area where they lost their mate.  maybbe a sad moourning goose adopted your yard to grieve :(  maybe thats why it was so slow to leave

Foolynroo2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 8:01 AM

Thats goose suicide.

Quoting Anonymous:

We had a goose hanging around our old apartment complex.  It is strange when they are alone. another resident told us that geese mate for life.   =the mate will often remain in the area where they lost their mate.  maybbe a sad moourning goose adopted your yard to grieve :(  maybe thats why it was so slow to leave

drowningmama
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 8:03 AM
I meant my dog eats them. It happens before we even get up in the morning. I've never actually seen him attack or kill one. I just know by the pile of feathers my dog is laying in.

Quoting Foolynroo2:

Canadian Geese are protected wildlife, you aren't even allowed harm or kill them.

THere is a 10 thousand dollar fine.

Quoting drowningmama:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2014 at 8:05 AM

That is federally illegal. If he gets caught he can go to federal prison 

Quoting drowningmama:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2014 at 8:06 AM

Quoting Foolynroo2:

Thats goose suicide.

Quoting Anonymous:

lol  yes it is!  Hopefully he will  hang out in a neighbors yard

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)