Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does this piss you off??

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:02 AM
  • 65 Replies
When you see a child under 5 not properly restrained in a car or not restrained at all does that piss you off?

Yesterday as I was out I seen a few things that made me so angry. A women had her infant carseat in the front passenger seat with a backseat full of kids and a few who should have been in booster seats. The law in my state is that the only way a carseat could be in the front seat is if there isn't a back seat. (Like a pickup truck) and any child under 60 pounds has to be in some type of booster seat.

Another thing I saw was a woman holding a newborn baby in her arms in the back seat. There wasn't a carseat in sight and the car was full of people. That really made me angry. To risk the saftey of your baby so that everyone can go for a ride is ridiculous.

Last one. So this baby was definitely under 1. Probably about 7 or 8 months. The baby was forward facing and wasn't in the base of the carseat. The age here to forward face is 1. The only thing holding down the careseat was the lap belt. Smh. I cant believe how many people are unaware about child saftey in a car or if they are aware it is really sad that they are risking their child's life to go for a drive somewhere.

I know its not my place at all to say anything to these people but if I see something like any of these again can I call the police and report it? Last night I was just praying that these kids arrived home safe last night.

ETA: I was mistaken about the car seat in the front seat. I had to reopen the driver's manual. A friend of mine says a few years back you couldn't have a child in the front seat. I got my information mixed up. I apologize. .
by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:04 AM
Yes:. I have called the police before too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this
No it doesn't. I'm only concerned about my own kids.
RalphsMommy123
by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:05 AM
I thought about doing that last night but I didn't get the license plate number. I was to angry. I think next time if I see this I will definitely be reporting it.

Quoting MIA0223: Yes:. I have called the police before too.
Miller0305
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:06 AM

Quoting Anonymous: No it doesn't. I'm only concerned about my own kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bubble_guts
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:06 AM
Sucks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
madimikemom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't really look in other cars. But I make sure my own kids are properly restrained in their carseat. Thanks to our local fire department for installing the seats and teaching me how to do things properly
Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:09 AM
Unless they are endangering my child, I pay little attention to the actions of others.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:10 AM

I wouldn't say I get pissed off. I do think they are stupid, but that's the extent of it. And installed properly, there are carseats that can be used without a base. :)

bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:12 AM
It makes me angry too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:12 AM

Call the police and report it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)