Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

having trouble with diabetes

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies
Obviously I have to get this crap under control. Dh went to bed and asked me to wake him up at 3 this morning for work. I stayed up for a movie and treated myself to a jones soda and next thing i remember is its 7:40 im on the floor in my own vomit and dh is just waking up for work.

what a crappy morning
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mich2.0
by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:39 AM
Um, wow. Are you on insulin? Do you check you bs levels? You need to get it together before you end up killing yourself over a soda.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:42 AM
Yeah i checked it after dinner just an hour before i was fine

Quoting mich2.0: Um, wow. Are you on insulin? Do you check you bs levels? You need to get it together before you end up killing yourself over a soda.
CherrieFaeries
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:42 AM
Wow...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:44 AM
Please take care of yourself. Diabetes is a silent killer. My father has had it for years. He's not doing well. He's now on dialysis and is losing his vision. Scary stuff.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:44 AM

I am diabetic and I drink diet soda and crystal light and have for years.  Regular soda raises your BS too much.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:45 AM
Im trying. I didnt know i had it until a few weeks ago when i changed doctors.

Quoting Anonymous: Please take care of yourself. Diabetes is a silent killer. My father has had it for years. He's not doing well. He's now on dialysis and is losing his vision. Scary stuff.
JoanahLee
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:48 AM

Im really confused about what happened?  A soda should have raised your blood sugar, not lowered it, and ive never seen anyone pass out and vomit over the kind of blood sugar spike you get from sneaking an extra soda.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:48 AM
I figured that out. Lol. Soda is like a few times a year treat for me :( darn it

Quoting Anonymous:

I am diabetic and I drink diet soda and crystal light and have for years.  Regular soda raises your BS too much.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:49 AM
I never said it lowered it

Quoting JoanahLee:

Im really confused about what happened?  A soda should have raised your blood sugar, not lowered it, and ive never seen anyone pass out and vomit over the kind of blood sugar spike you get from sneaking an extra soda.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:50 AM

Did you check your blood sugar when you woke up?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN