Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

what would you do? UPDATE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies
My ex started getting visitation with our daughter a while back and all was fine and dandy. He would come get her for visitation and she would do just fine leaving and coming home. Then all of a sudden a light switched over night. He came to get her and he barely stepped in our home and she started screaming at the top of her lungs in a way I've never even heard before and we had to pry her off of me (its court ordered so she has to go unless he comes here high on drugs or drunk and then its a safety issue and if he doesn't have a carseat for her). Anyways, ever since then (about two weeks ago) DD always screams her head off whenever he walks in the door and we have to force her into her carseat to go which makes me cry... She comes home and she's not herself. She's normally very excited to come home and see me, the dog, etc. But she comes home and she acts very distant and unconnected...

also she came home from his house this past weekend and she had open sores on her butt and her butt was red as a tomato. When I asked her father why he didn't put any cream or ointment on her to help he said he didn't notice the sores or redness... Are you kidding me? How do you nor notice open sores on your child and that her whole private area is red as a tomato?! No that's not okay... Its been days now and she has blisters, she's still extremely red and still has the open sores even though I've covered her little butt I'm desitin all day every day and let her air out as well which in the past has taken care of diaper rashes over night, even ones from diarrhea..

I dont know what to do and it scares me when she all of a sudden started acting this way and is coming home with open sores on her butt...

I tried calling my attorney yesterday and he never got back to me. I don't want to keep putting DD through that. Plus her father wont even speak to me... I barely got him to speak to me about the open sores and he wont respond to any of my texts which aggravates me because how are we supposed to parent DD if he won't speak to me?

I'm lost and I don't know what to do..

UPDATE: took DD in and the doctor barely took her diaper off and said its a yeast infection and the usual cause for that is being in a wet diaper too long. The doctor asked me if its possible she was in her diaper too long and I said its possible since I'm not there when DD is at her dads house. I'm pretty upset right now. This is the first time DD has ever had a yeast infection. She sits in her diaper all night long and has never had a yeast infection but she goes to her dads and gets one after only a few hours... I dont know what I should do next though. Is it right to report him for this? Or is that too much? I've never been through this.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:48 AM
Oh and DD is a year and a half.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:53 AM
4 moms liked this

Take her to the pediatrician to get checked out & take pics/document the sores etc. I think there is concern of abuse (sexually or physically) & possible neglect. Document everything, start a folder, get professionals involved.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:54 AM
Take her in and get her checked
JessLackey
by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:58 AM

I would immediately head to the hospital and have her looked at. Something is going on that is not right.  Did he say what could have caused the sores?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2014 at 10:01 AM
No he didn't say anything besides "I didn't notice. Sorry"

Quoting JessLackey:

I would immediately head to the hospital and have her looked at. Something is going on that is not right.  Did he say what could have caused the sores?

Banana.Time
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 10:01 AM
Take her to the fucking doctor! What the hell!!! Obviously something is going on. Wow this really pisses me off. How old is she? Did you ask her???
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2014 at 10:01 AM
That's such a scary thought :'( I hope we get to the bottom of this though.

Quoting Anonymous:

Take her to the pediatrician to get checked out & take pics/document the sores etc. I think there is concern of abuse (sexually or physically) & possible neglect. Document everything, start a folder, get professionals involved.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2014 at 10:02 AM
She's a year and a half.

Quoting Banana.Time: Take her to the fucking doctor! What the hell!!! Obviously something is going on. Wow this really pisses me off. How old is she? Did you ask her???
2kids2dogs2cats
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 10:03 AM

You need to take her to the doctor as in now. 

mich2.0
by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 10:04 AM
This.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)