Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What car seat doesn't have the option to use a seatbelt?

Posted by   + Show Post

I barely got a chance to read that post and it was gone. So help me out. Am I too old school? Every carseat I ever had you could strap in with a seatbelt. As a matter of fact, LATCH had just come out when I had my oldest. What was that chicks problem exactly?

by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 12:30 PM
Replies (11-20):
kristiansmommy1
by Amanda on Mar. 22, 2014 at 12:41 PM
My 7 year old had an evenflo and it had to use the base, the seat itself didn't have the slot like graco. Is that what you mean?
HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 12:42 PM
When I had my oldest (13years ago) I had a car seat with an optional base (which I bought because it was easier but it was optional, meaning you can use the seat without the base).

I just bought my baby an infant seat 4-5 mo ago. It came with instructions on installing it with or without the base.

So for 13+ years you could use an infant seat without the base.

I was just starting to read the comments.
Randi02
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 12:43 PM

She didn't know what she was talking about, which is why she deleted her post lol

Quoting wymama610:

Thank you. I wasn't sure what was going on because I only read the OP and it was gone. 

Quoting Randi02:

All car seats have the option.

For convertible and combination seats, you must use the seat belt vs. the LATCH once they get to be a certain weight.

wymama610
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

That what I though too. I haven't had a baby in a while, so I was very surprised to see how cool they've gotten. 

Quoting HIJKLM: When I had my oldest (13years ago) I had a car seat with an optional base (which I bought because it was easier but it was optional, meaning you can use the seat without the base). I just bought my baby an infant seat 4-5 mo ago. It came with instructions on installing it with or without the base. So for 13+ years you could use an infant seat without the base. I was just starting to read the comments.

wymama610
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 12:49 PM

I've never seen one that won't use a seatbelt. Especially an infant seat. 

Quoting kristiansmommy1: My 7 year old had an evenflo and it had to use the base, the seat itself didn't have the slot like graco. Is that what you mean?

kristiansmommy1
by Amanda on Mar. 22, 2014 at 1:04 PM

Mobile Photo

You needed to use the base back then with it

Quoting wymama610:

Quoting kristiansmommy1: My 7 year old had an evenflo and it had to use the base, the seat itself didn't have the slot like graco. Is that what you mean?

TigressLily
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 1:06 PM

I've never seen a car seat that you can't buckle in without the base. I prefer to use the base for more stability, but it can still be strapped in without it.

wymama610
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 1:07 PM

What is that? (Brand)

I just looked at the Chicco I used for a couple months with my youngest and it has slots for a seatbelt. The base was super easy to install so I just used it. 

Quoting kristiansmommy1:

Mobile Photo

You needed to use the base back then with it
Quoting wymama610:

rfhsure
by beast mode on Mar. 22, 2014 at 1:09 PM
I had the chicco keyfit infant seat. It has notches in it that allow you to use the seat without the base. I never did though. The manual recommends to always use the base if you have the option. Its a good feature though.

Now I have the Britax marathon 70 and it doesn't have a base at all. You just buckle in the entire seat.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 22, 2014 at 1:10 PM
All car seats can use the seat belt. Some people are just very confused.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN