Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

New favorite mommy "trick!" What are yours?

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 1:36 PM
  • 371 Replies
192 moms liked this
My 4 year old loves taking pictures with my phone. So today I taught him to take a "before" picture of a messy spot in the house, then clean it up, then take an "after" picture!

Bwah ha ha! He's been running around cleaning up toys and snapping pics like crazy!!!

What are your favorite tricks?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 1:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 1:37 PM
10 moms liked this
Gonna use this!! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 1:38 PM
53 moms liked this
That is genius. I'm gonna have to try that.

When my 2 yo has a tantrum, I will ask her a totally random question and she'll act confused for second, then answer my question and forget about her tantrum.
yummypeaches
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 1:39 PM
75 moms liked this

When dd was 3 and obsessed with princesses, we would play "Cinderella". Basically I was the mean mom who made her do a bunch of chores. She would put on her princess dress and do the dishes, scrub the walls, sweep, and take out the trash lol. Wish she still liked that game...

GeekyStefy
by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this
My 4 year old loves taking pictures with my phone and our tablets. I'm going to have to borrow this one! Genius mommy trick. I don't really have any mommy tricks yet but I'll need em with baby #2 on the way lol
Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on Mar. 22, 2014 at 1:41 PM
2 moms liked this

Brilliant. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 22, 2014 at 1:42 PM
20 moms liked this
We play the quiet game a lot in the car. All 5 of my kids take it very seriously. Lol
rgba
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Ha ha! I love the confusion tactic!!

Quoting almondpigeon: That is genius. I'm gonna have to try that.

When my 2 yo has a tantrum, I will ask her a totally random question and she'll act confused for second, then answer my question and forget about her tantrum.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rgba
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 1:43 PM
Lol. That one fails here because the baby is too loud!

Quoting Anonymous: We play the quiet game a lot in the car. All 5 of my kids take it very seriously. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rgba
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Ohhhh. He loves to call me mean mommy. I'm going to try that one!

Quoting yummypeaches:

When dd was 3 and obsessed with princesses, we would play "Cinderella". Basically I was the mean mom who made her do a bunch of chores. She would put on her princess dress and do the dishes, scrub the walls, sweep, and take out the trash lol. Wish she still liked that game...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rgba
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 1:51 PM
12 moms liked this
Good luck with that. New baby trick: have something special (video game, toy, etc) that the 4 year old can only have during "feed the baby" time. It takes a lot of jealousy away!!

Quoting GeekyStefy: My 4 year old loves taking pictures with my phone and our tablets. I'm going to have to borrow this one! Genius mommy trick. I don't really have any mommy tricks yet but I'll need em with baby #2 on the way lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)