Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If YOU work outside the home ..

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 6:08 PM
  • 38 Replies
If you work a 9-5 do you like it? Do you feel that you get enough time with your kids and are not missing out on anything? Do you wish you were home more? And how old are your kiddos?!
by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 6:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 6:10 PM
2 moms liked this
I work 32 hours, 8-2:30 during the school year and 8-4/ days over the summer. It gives me the best of both worlds :-)
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 6:11 PM
I teach. I'm out of the house 7 to 4:30. I love my job and feel I have lots of time with the kids. We get home and have dinner, homework time, game time, and books at bedtime. DH and I are with them every weekend of course.

Were all home on Spring Break until March 30 now. Well be out and about a lot next week. Soon well be on summer break too.
echoishername
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 6:12 PM
I work 7-3. I don't miss much. She's 7.
BostonGirl0301
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 6:13 PM
I work during the day. DD is in school so I'm not really missing a lot of time with her.
Gianna2014
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 6:14 PM

I work 9-5:30 and will continue to do so after the baby is born. I'm sure I will have a hard time putting my 8 week old baby in daycare, but there's no other choice, I will be a single mom.

Willie24622
by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 6:14 PM

I work Fri-Mon 07:30-19:30(+ up to 2 hours additional hold over.) It's hard but I am off in the middle of the week and able to volunteer in her classroom which I enjoy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 22, 2014 at 6:15 PM

I love my job, even though it doesn't pay enough.  I don't feel like I get nearly enough time with my kids, but I don't usually feel guilty because the two still at home are with a parent (DH is a SAHD and student).  My kids are 2, 4, and 6.  6 year old is in school, so I wouldn't see him much more if I weren't working full time.

mistie900
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 6:16 PM
I don't work 9-5 Mon-Fri. I work 6-4 Sun-Tues. I think I have a good balance with my job. My kids are in daycare 2 days a week (sometimes 3 because I will work an extra day here and there) and I have 4 days to spend with them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2014 at 6:16 PM
I work 6p-6:30a. 3 nights a week is ft.

I sleep when they're at school and nap when they're home for vacations.

I rarely miss field trips, always help with homework, cook and eat dinner with them every night and feel every bit of the mother I was as a sahm.
mfk3
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 6:18 PM
I love working. But sadly no i dont feel i get enough time with them. I did stayed home for 2 yrs though. I hope i can do it again later on. My babies are 3 yrs old and 4 months!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)