Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Obgyn & vaccines

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 139 Replies
How do you feel about Obgyns pressuring women to get vaccinated against whooping cough DURING pregnancy?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2014 at 11:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2014 at 11:21 PM
Bump!
Nutrition_Guru
by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd tell mine to piss off. My obgyn has never once mentioned the vaccine for even after I give birth and I'm 39 weeks.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2014 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I personally would do it before or after pregnancy. A lot of doctors are seeing kids dying it from it lately, and it's not easy for them. Their trying to do their part.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2014 at 11:24 PM
I got a whooping cough vaccine while preggo with my youngest (who is 18 months). It protected me, and him. Whooping cough is coming back and you hear about more and more cases in the past few years. Why not just protect your family?
Racer15
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 11:25 PM
If you don't vaccinate your baby, at least vaccinate yourself. JMO.
DeeMD82
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 11:25 PM

The only vaccine I was negative for was MMR and I had to wait until after birth anyway so I don't know but I think I would ask to wait until after with any vaccine.  I refused the flu so why not.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2014 at 11:25 PM
3 moms liked this

Gorilla_Mama
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 11:25 PM

My dr gave me paperwork for it at my last appt and expects to give it to me at my next. That'll be a big fat no. They're also trying to push the flu vaccine on me. Isn't flu season basically over by now??

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2014 at 11:26 PM

yes, it is, but they'll still try to fear monger you into it anyway

Quoting Gorilla_Mama:

My dr gave me paperwork for it at my last appt and expects to give it to me at my next. That'll be a big fat no. They're also trying to push the flu vaccine on me. Isn't flu season basically over by now??

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2014 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know how I feel about that one, but I think it's odd they tell you to avoid fish due to mercury, and then tell you to get a flu shot.  Huh?  I guess it's because the doctors don't make any money on fish.  LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)