Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you judge? ( teen mother related )

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you judge

Options:

YES( to young)

YES( other reason, explain)

No, who cares)

no, they are financially stable, ect

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 53

View Results

Say a teen had a child when they were sixteen. The father left the mother when she was 4 months pregnant. She has been raising the baby by herself completely, has a job, pays parents rent. After baby is about a month old, she gets in a relationship. Guy is 20.The guy is amazing, loves baby like his own. Baby turns a year and a half- two years. Mother is graduate, has job. "new" boyfriend has a good job. They have moved in together. Both are working on their careers college wise. Would you judge if she became pregnant? I know yall don't like teen mothers so I was just wondering about this scenario. Would you look more down on them if they weren't going to college but were stable every other way?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2014 at 4:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 23, 2014 at 4:22 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 23, 2014 at 4:24 AM
1 mom liked this

*cat treats*
come get it trolly trolly

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 23, 2014 at 4:25 AM

lol no, don't call her in.

Quoting Anonymous:

*cat treats*come get it trolly trolly

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 23, 2014 at 4:27 AM
Eh. I would slightly judge. They should wait a little longer.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 23, 2014 at 4:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Is this you we ate talking about ? Don't have anymore babies till your married
Qzx
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 4:28 AM
Probably not, it sounds like they have a stable environment and if they can provide financially why shouldn't they have another if they want.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 23, 2014 at 4:28 AM

No, little sister. I told her she should wait until she is in her mid 20s and finished.almost finished with college. Wanted others opinions. Tried to keep it hypothetical as possible.

Quoting Anonymous: Is this you we ate talking about ? Don't have anymore babies till your married

DixieL
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 4:32 AM

I don't think we have the right to judge anyone, unless they were murderers. Even though she got pregnant, she sure has done a good job, of taking care of herself and her baby. Even though I don't know her, I'm proud of how she is doing. Even if a teen got pregnant, that wasn't doing such a good job, I would feel bad for her, but I wouldn't judge her.

curvygurl1912
by Renee on Mar. 23, 2014 at 4:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't judge her, but I would strongly encourage her to wait at least a year and see where she is at in her relationship, schooling, etc. If this was my dd I would also encourage her to not have anymore babies with men she wasn't married to.Strongly encourage, lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 23, 2014 at 4:46 AM

B ump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)