Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My poor DH

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2014 at 9:11 AM
  • 15 Replies

My DH has to be in the states for business again.  This week he needs to be in California for a conference....then next week he has to be in New Jersey.  

He just got off a 12 hour flight from Tel Aviv to New York about an hour ago and will be boarding another 5+ hour flight to Calfiornia soon that leaves in a little over an hour.  He left home almost 18 hours ago already and still has a long day ahead of him - it will be before 1pm (local time) when he arrives in California and he has meetings there this afternoon/evening still.  

I just spoke to him on the phone and while he did get a little sleep on the plane - he is very tired.  Hopefully this will be his LAST trip for a long, long time.  

by on Mar. 23, 2014 at 9:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emmy526
by Felion on Mar. 23, 2014 at 9:12 AM

what does he do?

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Mar. 23, 2014 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this

That stinks that he didn't sleep on the plane.....maybe the next flight he'll get more rest.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2014 at 9:14 AM

Eh, He's a man. He will get over it. 

jandi3936
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 9:14 AM
I give him a lot of credit.... I don't think I could do any job that requires traveling like that!
TableforSeven
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 9:15 AM

He is a computer programmer....he has a specialized area he works in and currently works for a company in the US. 

Quoting emmy526:

what does he do?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2014 at 9:17 AM

my nephew does that too, and flies all over for it...he makes a hefty salary in the process as well, enough to enable my niece to take lavish trips to where ever, buy whatever she wants, do whatever she wants, and stay home with her kids. 

Quoting TableforSeven:

He is a computer programmer....he has a specialized area he works in and currently works for a company in the US. 

Quoting emmy526:

what does he do?

jenny3344
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this

He probably makes a good salary being a computer programmer so it's worth it to  lose some sleep to enjoy the comforts of life together.

TableforSeven
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 9:18 AM

This recent project has been a pain because it keeps requiring him to travel to the states - he has already been there in Jan and Feb this year...he was only home for 2 weeks this last time.  :-/

This -should- be the last trip for this project.

Quoting jandi3936: I give him a lot of credit.... I don't think I could do any job that requires traveling like that!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2014 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this
I feel bad for him. It doesn't matter how much you earn, it's hard to be away from family all the time.
mes_deux_amours
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 9:21 AM
It must have been such a long flight they couldn't give him much time to rest before working. That sucks.

My husband has to go out if town twice this upcoming month. It's going to suck. I couldn't deal with it being more often.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)