Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't get the whole "stealing names" thing

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2014 at 11:33 AM
  • 72 Replies
1 mom liked this
Who cares if someone named their kid the same thing you named yours. Maybe they just really liked the name too. Theres no need to have a hissy fit about it. There are thousands, probably even millions of people with the same name. It's not that serious.
by on Mar. 23, 2014 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 23, 2014 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree
wickedfiress
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 11:42 AM
3 moms liked this
I can't say I wouldn't be annoyed if I planned on naming my child something and a close friend or relative used the name before me, but I get your point.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 23, 2014 at 11:45 AM

this is going to sound werid but when my grandma was pregant with my mom. she had a freind due a couple months before with a girl to. and that friend asked my grandma what she was naming my mom she said tammy and then that girl named her daughter tammi so my moms friend is named after her

Benjamins-mama
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd be a bit peeved if a sibling chose the same name I was going to use for my child but other than that wouldn't bother me too much

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 11:46 AM
Agreed! I don't get it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Mar. 23, 2014 at 11:46 AM
2 moms liked this

I specifically choose names I don't hear on a daily basis that are both unique as well as classy. I'd be sad if my daughter's name was as common as say, "Sophia"

It's Kyrie Anne btw ;)

JuneCleaver256
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 11:49 AM
I was mad when Beyonce named her daughter Blue, but I'm still naming my daughter Blue. Maybe I should write a letter?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 23, 2014 at 11:50 AM
I don't get the whole name obsession.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 23, 2014 at 11:50 AM
I agree. When people asked me about the names we picked, I would just tell them the name and include the disclaimer that we were using those names regardless of who else may also use them, that way they could not be pissed if they used the name and then we used it. There is no claim on a name, IMO.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 23, 2014 at 11:51 AM
4 moms liked this
I agree...

However I felt quite hurt when my sil named her daughter Harper Annalise.

I was 32 weeks pregnant with ours daughter, Harper Annalise, when I went in to labor.my water broke so they were unable to stop my labor. Harper only lived for 6 hours.

2 weeks after losing Harper, sil found out get baby's gender, a girl. And immediately announced that she was naming her Harper Annalise..... I was hurt.... It was very difficult for me to watch her continue her pregnancy, with her baby named Harper. Sil wanted me there for her labor and I just couldn't do it. I stayed for her labor and left. She got pissed because I don't hold her daughter, but I couldn't. I couldn't hold a new orb baby girl with my daughters name, and I ended up bawling in the waiting room.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN