Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why does everyone preach marriage?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 517 Replies
38 moms liked this
Before having kids?
Marriage doesn't mean more stability. Marriage doesn't mean he will stick around.
Not everyone wants to get married.
Having children shouldn't be based off a ring, certificate and last name change.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2014 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
egyptian_mommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 3:59 PM
2 moms liked this
I agree with you.
raegansmom
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 4:00 PM
88 moms liked this

Marriage is a higher level of commitment.  I've had many boyfriends, only one husband.  I will always "preach marriage before having children" to anyone I care about.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 23, 2014 at 4:00 PM
30 moms liked this
Because there are many many advantages to being married and yes, statistically marriage does mean more stability and more commitment.
suzanneyea
by on Mar. 23, 2014 at 4:03 PM
20 moms liked this

I do believe in marriage before kids. But, at least have a stable committed relationship before you have kids. What annoys me the most are these young girls having babies with some guy they have been fucking for three months. Then hearing them bitch about how he won't pay child support.

SitaStJames
by *Sita* on Mar. 23, 2014 at 4:03 PM
6 moms liked this

marriage is just a piece of paper and you can still have the ring without the ceremony or legal piece of paper. Marriage doesnt mean as much like it used to back in the day. I am married but that's what both me and my husband want. However, I still have the same feelings for him now like I did before we got married. So marriage is up to the individual couples. :-) And people dont stick around when they have kids involved whether married or not.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 23, 2014 at 4:04 PM
27 moms liked this
Historically and statically children born to parents who are married grow up with less poverty, violence, and instability in their lives. Communities also fair better when filled married households

As a parent I would want to give my children the best possible chances in life and a parents unquestioningly committed to each other is one of those things that strengthens that.

It is likely that those who preach it believe the overall statistics over the anecdotal..
JBiiirdD
by No Day but Today on Mar. 23, 2014 at 4:05 PM
11 moms liked this
Something like this.

Aside from that, it's a religious and moral standpoint for me. I love being someone's wife instead of someone's "baby's mama".

Quoting Anonymous: Historically and statically children born to parents who are married grow up with less poverty, violence, and instability in their lives. Communities also fair better when filled married households

As a parent I would want to give my children the best possible chances in life and a parents unquestioningly committed to each other is one of those things that strengthens that.

It is likely that those who preach it believe the overall statistics over the anecdotal..
The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I will always suggest to get married before kids because I really enjoyed the childless portion of my marriage and had we waited until after our daughter was born, we wouldn't have been able to have the wedding that we wanted because right now we wouldn't be able to afford it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 23, 2014 at 4:08 PM
28 moms liked this
All I wonder is if marriage is just a piece a paper and doesn't mean anything then why all the commotion from the gay community to be allowed marriage? What does it matter??
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 23, 2014 at 4:09 PM
This.

Quoting Anonymous: Historically and statically children born to parents who are married grow up with less poverty, violence, and instability in their lives. Communities also fair better when filled married households

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)