Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If CPS called you right now, would you take them? ETA 4

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 354 Replies

The children are 12, 10, and 9.  You have had no contact with these children since the 10 year old was 6 months old.  Before that you had only been around them twice.  You didn't meet the 9 year old until she was 5 and it was less than 5 minutes of contact.  

You do not get along with parents at all.  You do not speak to them, haven't in 10 years.

The parents of these children hate you and have taught their children to hate you.  They have taught their children to call your DH "baldheaded-toothless bastard" and you are "the fat ass bitch."  Your children/grandchildren are called vile names also by these children.  You know this is true because the parents have actually posted videos on YouTube of their children saying this stuff and it was shared with you by mutual friends or family.  There have also been a few instances of running into them in public and the children stand a yell these things at you while you pretend to not know them/ignore them/walk away, and the parents are standing there laughing about it.

There is NO ONE else that can take them either due to age, CPS issues of their own, or due to arrest/conviction records?  

What if these were your only brother/sisters children?

ETA: 2 of your children are still minors and live at home.  The grandchildren are with you on a regular basis (at least one, usually 2 weekends a month.)

ETA2: you do not have time to get acquainted with these kids.  You have 24 hours to decide to take the children or they go to foster care.

ETA3:  My minor children are 100% opposed to this.  They do not want them here or going to school with them.  My older children have informed me that if we take them, the grandchildren will NOT be allowed to stay here as long as they are living with us.  My 3 oldest children know the truth of the whole long sordid situation (the youngest was a baby.)  If they go to foster care, because of the lack of foster parents in our county they will most likely will go to group homes and there is a good chance of them being separated.  The girls will probably stay together but separated from their brother.  

ETA4:  The children have been told there is a possibility of living with us until things get straightened out with their parents and they're throwing fits.  They want to stay where they are (not possible, the person isn't able or willing to do it long term.)  They have said they will not listen to me or DH and the first chance they get, they will run away if they have to live with us.  There is a cousin in another state that CPS is attempting to contact to see if they're able to step in but CPS doesn't really want the kids out of state.  

As of right now, my answer is no.  I was up all night arguing with myself that we still needed to try, even if my kids and DH were going to make it difficult.  Now they have said they don't want to, even though the parents are the ones that asked CPS to ask us to take them.  I can't make it work by myself, no one is willing to work together and no other family members are willing to help out occasionally.   

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2014 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
uhhnogirl
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 9:59 PM
Id want to, but that's a rough one.
Miller0305
No.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Snapdragon88
5 moms liked this
Oh man... What a mess. I would take them because it's not their fault their parents are assholes. But they would get a quick lesson in respect.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 23, 2014 at 10:00 PM
Take them for a trial run... If i couldnt make it work they would go to foster care...
MrsRobinson06
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 10:00 PM
2 moms liked this
Yes I would knowing they would one day grow up and see the truth.
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 10:00 PM
4 moms liked this

Yup without a second thought and regardless if they were related or not. 

Mom2Boys9501
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes in a heartbeat.
No matter what I have against my brother/sister the kids didn't ask to be born to stupid acting people.
UpSheRises
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 10:01 PM
Of course.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 23, 2014 at 10:01 PM

Depends do I still have my own children or grandchildren in the house?  If I do then no my kids come first,  if not I would probably take them at least temporarily.

couture-mommy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this
No
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)