Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

anti marriage

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 282 Replies
8 moms liked this
Married women,

Stop insulting women who aren't married.

You ask "Why aren't you good enough". Stop that only serves to insult someone. Do you just have fun insulting others by making ridiculous assumptions about their worth?

Honestly that's weird.

You wanted to get married, it was probably important to YOU to get married. To you marriage is a sign of permanence. Or it holds some sort of religious value.

You must realize many women aren't religious. We don't care about sexual "purity". Our kids are no less loved. He's still here without that piece of paper.

Maybe we have no fear of him leaving, because he doesn't need to sign a legal document for us to trust his word. Maybe we have such intense abandonment issues that we won't let him promise forever, because without the promise there's no complement to skip out on.

There are a million reasons why a woman just wouldn't care if she gets married. I don't. Marriage means nothing to me, except a bunch of legal loopholes.

Anyways, didn't you know marriage was developed in a time that women were property. Many of those ideas are still represented in modern marriage. Your pretty ring doesn't make you better.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 24, 2014 at 1:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I am married and I have never once looked down on anyone that chose to not get married. I completely realize that marriage isn't everyone's thing (at one point I didn't even want to get married) so I just mind my own business.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 24, 2014 at 1:24 PM
Everyone should just mind their own business if it doesn't affect them in ANY way.. I've never understood that. BUMP.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 24, 2014 at 1:25 PM
Exactly.

Quoting misskriss10: I am married and I have never once looked down on anyone that chose to not get married. I completely realize that marriage isn't everyone's thing (at one point I didn't even want to get married) so I just mind my own business.
Caidysmom
by MindyM on Mar. 24, 2014 at 1:26 PM
To each their own..
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 24, 2014 at 1:27 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 24, 2014 at 1:28 PM

Exactly.

The bashing and shaming of unmarried women needs to stop.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 24, 2014 at 1:28 PM
I know, how does someone else's marital status effect them. The "why aren't you good enough" comments just annoy me. Why dig for insults? Thanks for a bump.

Quoting Anonymous: Everyone should just mind their own business if it doesn't affect them in ANY way.. I've never understood that. BUMP.
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 1:29 PM

I'm married and could care less if someone else doesn't want to. I'm living life the way I want and don't have time to worry about their life. Just like me, they are living life the way they want to.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 24, 2014 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this
but I happen to know you agree. To many of us the idea of being married is annoying at best.

Quoting Sassy762:

theresa13183
by Platinum Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 1:30 PM
i agree with this 100%
i have no rush to be married
for me its only for the legal reasons...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)