Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ETA belief in evolution is just that... A belief.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 382 Replies
4 moms liked this
ETA since some of you can't read: never once did I say I was a christian, and never once did I say all science was a belief. So learn to read.

"Science (from Latin scientia, meaning "knowledge"[1]) is a systematic enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions about the universe.[2][3]In an older and closely related meaning, "science" also refers to a body of knowledge itself, of the type that can be rationally explained and reliably applied. A practitioner of science is known as a scientist."

You can't test the big bang. No one was there to see it happen. You can't recreate it. It a guess. That's all it is. Scientists will NEVER be able to prove the big bang, so it is just a belief. They have to put as much faith in the big bang as Christian have to to believe in theological creation.

Also for that very same reason they can't disprove the hollow earth theory. There is no way that scientists can truly know what lies in the center of the earth , because they can't go there. They can't test the core of the earth because they can't get any samples of what the core is like.

500 years ago the world was flat and you could heal people by leeching them dry.

In short: all science is is best guess.its all conjecture.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 24, 2014 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 24, 2014 at 2:14 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 24, 2014 at 2:15 PM
8 moms liked this
Thanks Bill Nye, I'll alert the media.
Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on Mar. 24, 2014 at 2:15 PM
14 moms liked this

And it's my belief that you sound like a loon. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 24, 2014 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep & sharing so much DNA with primates is just a delusion.
lorelei10
by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 2:16 PM
2 moms liked this

Science has its place, but sometimes it seems like there are a bunch of people grasping at straws for answers they will never get... kind of makes me giggle

AnHpuresugar
by Ruby Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 2:17 PM
33 moms liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 24, 2014 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this
We also share DNA with bananas but that doesn't prove jack shit.

Quoting Anonymous: Yep & sharing so much DNA with primates is just a delusion.
AnHpuresugar
by Ruby Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 2:18 PM
9 moms liked this

If you don't ask the questions, how do you discover the answers.  There are millions of things that we know now that we did not 100 years ago because scientists dared to question.  Your post doesn't make me giggle.  It makes me SMH.

Quoting lorelei10:

Science has its place, but sometimes it seems like there are a bunch of people grasping at straws for answers they will never get... kind of makes me giggle

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 24, 2014 at 2:19 PM
That was my point. No one knows what the fuck is going on.

Quoting lorelei10:

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 2:19 PM
28 moms liked this

The big bang is a SEPARATE scientific theory than evolution.  Scientific theories are not beliefs.

scientific theory

scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that is acquired through the scientific method, and repeatedly confirmed through observation and experimentation.

Whereas religious beliefs are not put through the scientific method and repeatedly confirmed through observation and experimentation.

THAT is the difference between science and religious beliefs.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)