Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What would you think if your SO said this to one of his friends? Would it bother you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 225 Replies
I admit I was snooping and checked out my SO's FB messages. Which I do from time to time because of trust issues. But there was a message from a work friend asking how this bar was that we went to on Saturday night. My boyfriends reply: it was good, and lots of nice looking tail. Would that upset you? I'm upset as hell. Is that really how guys talk to other guys in private? I feel like it's out of character for my SO because he doesn't seem that way with me. I also feel likt it's a put down for me that he thought all the girls there were hot. And the use of the word "tail" is just upsetting to me. Am I over reacting? I'm seriously upset.....
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 24, 2014 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
baquick
by Ruby Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 3:47 PM
2 moms liked this
Is the work friend a single male? If so, I wouldn't even blink at it. And yes, that is how some guys talk.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 24, 2014 at 3:48 PM
No he's married

Quoting baquick: Is the work friend a single male? If so, I wouldn't even blink at it. And yes, that is how some guys talk.
ladybugchick317
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 3:48 PM
4 moms liked this

Why are you upset. Men are going to look at other women. It is in their nature. You look at other men...right? It is nature and as long as he is not acting on it you have nothing to be upset about. He just asked how the bar was not about the girls going there. His friend just commented with the info. I think you are over reacting

jjames1990
by Platinum Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this
That is how they talk to each other. Hell I would say that to a girlfriend. I can see why you would be hurt. But its a normal comment.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 24, 2014 at 3:49 PM
5 moms liked this
Oh dear, FB problems. How old are y'all?
JulyBabies
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 3:50 PM

No worse than girl talk. I notice if good looking men are around and wouldn't hesitate to tell a friend in a "private" conversation...which I am sure is what he thought that he was having.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 24, 2014 at 3:50 PM
My boyfriend said it not the friend

Quoting ladybugchick317:

Why are you upset. Men are going to look at other women. It is in their nature. You look at other men...right? It is nature and as long as he is not acting on it you have nothing to be upset about. He just asked how the bar was not about the girls going there. His friend just commented with the info. I think you are over reacting

suzanneyea
by Ruby Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 3:51 PM

Gross.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 24, 2014 at 3:52 PM
He's 43 and 34!

Quoting Danesmommy1: Oh dear, FB problems. How old are y'all?
ladybugchick317
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Like I said just because he looks and comments doesn't mean he is acting on it. Men look. Women look. I would not let it bother you unless he is acting on it.

Quoting Anonymous: My boyfriend said it not the friend
Quoting ladybugchick317:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)