Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

whos had the implant in their arm? (birth control questions)

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 7:41 PM
  • 48 Replies
I'm wanting to get that and I go to the doctor on the 4th. Did you like it? Did it hurt? How did it effect you? Pro and cons? Would you recommend it? Any other info would be greatly appreciated!
by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
juliem21
by Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 7:47 PM
Hi ive got the implant in my arm no it never hurt and i love it i only get a little light bleeding every 6 months now have no pain and i used to have heavy bleeds and pain but now nothing its great you do get bruising where the implant is for a couple days after but it dont hurt though i have no cons about it i think its the best contercetion
Rachael-Dawn
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 7:49 PM
I had implanon. Didn't hurt to put in. I had an adverse reaction (as I did with 2 others previously) and had to have it taken out. If you do not have trouble with birth controls I would recommend it. If you do then I would not.
lizzie_ann
by Platinum Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 7:51 PM

Implanon didn't hurt to get inserted or removed, but I could see it and feel it from the outside. 
The hormones did not agree with me AT ALL and I bled heavily for most of the 3 months I had it in.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 24, 2014 at 7:52 PM
Don't get it. It is the worse bc out. I bled for 6 weeks then not bleed for2 week and then again for 6 weeks. That went on for a year before I finally had it removed.
Wife.N.Mommy94
by Bone's Wife on Mar. 24, 2014 at 8:01 PM
Thanks (:

Quoting juliem21: Hi ive got the implant in my arm no it never hurt and i love it i only get a little light bleeding every 6 months now have no pain and i used to have heavy bleeds and pain but now nothing its great you do get bruising where the implant is for a couple days after but it dont hurt though i have no cons about it i think its the best contercetion
Wife.N.Mommy94
by Bone's Wife on Mar. 24, 2014 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I only been on one other birth control and had no problems. Thanks

Quoting Rachael-Dawn: I had implanon. Didn't hurt to put in. I had an adverse reaction (as I did with 2 others previously) and had to have it taken out. If you do not have trouble with birth controls I would recommend it. If you do then I would not.
Wife.N.Mommy94
by Bone's Wife on Mar. 24, 2014 at 8:03 PM
Ohh wow, that had to suck! Sorry you had bad side effects from it. Thanks for replying though!

Quoting lizzie_ann:

Implanon didn't hurt to get inserted or removed, but I could see it and feel it from the outside. The hormones did not agree with me AT ALL and I bled heavily for most of the 3 months I had it in.  

Wife.N.Mommy94
by Bone's Wife on Mar. 24, 2014 at 8:04 PM
Damn, thats had to have sucked! Sorry.. thanks for replying though!

Quoting Anonymous: Don't get it. It is the worse bc out. I bled for 6 weeks then not bleed for2 week and then again for 6 weeks. That went on for a year before I finally had it removed.
OenophiliaMama
by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 8:05 PM

Me.  My advice: don't.  I have a nasty scar from it because my muscles grew around it.  The patch was the my second choice after that and I loved it.

sassygoddess
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 8:05 PM

I had the Norplant in my arm...this was 20 years ago...it wasn't too bad...I liked that fact that I could "forget" about it...the arm was sore for a bit after the procedure but not too bad...the only thing I didn't like was that it made me gain weight.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN