Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WTF am I supposed to say to that?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1096 Replies
2 moms liked this

I have a friend. Correction she is my very best friend in the world. We've been friends since we were 6 years old and I think of her more like a sister than anything else. We're both 36 and she has just ended a relationship with a man she was engaged to for 2 years. I'm sure she's really emotional right now and if I were her maybe I would feel the same way, but she took me out to dinner tonight to ask me the "biggest favor of our friendship" She wants to borrow my husband to make a baby. 

Serious as a heart attack here. She says she doesn't want to go to a sperm bank and pick some random guy when she thinks of my husband as family and as the greatest guy she knows. We have a single guy friend too and he has graciously offered to be the donor, but she thinks, because he's single it could get complicated. DH and I have been married for 15 years, we are a very stable couple. She's says she's not offended if we say no. I love her like a sister and I'm just not sure how to process all this. DH is out of town on business, even if I was okay with it, I'm not sure if he would be. She feels like this is her last shot at having a baby. I really want to do this for her, I'm just not sure if I can.

ETA

There would be no child support or anything like that. She is looking for sperm donation, nothing more. It would be a no strings attached agreement. She would be a single mother unless she chooses to marry one day.

ETA again.

I had the night to think about it. I spoke with her again this morning and I've decided I'm good with the idea. I have not said anything to her one way or the other. I will see how DH feels about it when he gets home. It's going to be up to him at this point.

ETA

When I wrote this post last night, I was on my third bottle of wine. By the time we were talking about how the sperm would be delivered, we were both drunk. The comment about us going about it the old fashioned way was a drunken joke. She is not asking to sleep with my husband.  

ETA

My best friend will never be on welfare. She will never be broke or in need of money. She would never need child support. I would never do this without a lawyer and a legal contract. I do have concerns but her needing money for anything ever is not one of them.

:p Kitchy

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 24, 2014 at 11:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Missi
by punk rock princess on Mar. 24, 2014 at 11:16 PM
44 moms liked this
Oh hell no
kfroz0415
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 11:17 PM
4 moms liked this
Nope, no way, no how.
happymama0609
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 11:17 PM
14 moms liked this
Ummm no. She can take her ass to a sperm bank.
giroirk
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 11:18 PM
3 moms liked this
I couldn't do it and won't want my husband to either.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 24, 2014 at 11:18 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Mrs.Missi: Oh hell no

30 years of friendship. She would be a wonderful mother. She's so great with our kids. I don't want to crush her dreams. I know she's not in love with my husband or anything.

OhSara87
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 11:18 PM
3 moms liked this
Wow...I'd have to get over the shock first in order to process everything.

Good luck!!
Lilith23
by Platinum Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 11:18 PM
12 moms liked this
Fuck no!
This is not Passion or Sunset Beach, it's real life and shit like that blows in your face.
Google a sperm bank and let her find somebody else, bestfriend doesn't mean sperm share.
JustMeKat
by Kat on Mar. 24, 2014 at 11:19 PM
2 moms liked this

She is whacked

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 24, 2014 at 11:19 PM

I think that's where I'm at. I wish I could just hand her a baby. 

Quoting OhSara87: Wow...I'd have to get over the shock first in order to process everything. Good luck!!

bethpelle
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 11:19 PM

Ummmm

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)