Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Co-sleeping

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 2:53 AM
  • 52 Replies
1 mom liked this
Just wondering who out there has co-slept with their Lil one, when did you start and how long did you do so? My baby girl has co-slept since the day she was born, not planed I just got more rest that way and ended up not having to get up to feed.
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 2:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Halfdeafmommy
by Pure Honesty on Mar. 25, 2014 at 2:55 AM

Co-sleeping is just the act of having the baby in the same room with you while sleeping. ( I got criticized for saying co-sleeping, so was just throwing it out there) 

My son is almost 11 months old and we have bed shared since day one in the hospital! I have never slept a night without him. We breastfeed so IT IS SO MUCH EASIER

Cbreland07
by Ruby Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 2:56 AM
I co slept with all 3 from birth. My oldest two were in their own beds by 7 months. My youngest co slept a yr, but only because of his surgery.
polkaspots
by Ruby Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 2:56 AM
We cosleep. All of them slept with me all night until they were two months old. The. They go in their own bed at bedtime and come in with me either the next time they wake up or the time after that if I'm still up the first time. My first was in her own bed all night shortly after she turned one and my second was sttn in his bed at 1 1/2. My third is still a baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 25, 2014 at 2:57 AM
Damn hippie.
suzanneyea
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 2:57 AM

My two year old is next to me now. Sleeping and holding my arm, lol.

polkaspots
by Ruby Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 2:58 AM
1 mom liked this
That bothers me, because it doesn't make sense. Co sleeping is when people sleep together. Sleeping in the same room doesn't mean you're sleeping together, sleeping in the same bed is sleeping together.

Quoting Halfdeafmommy:

Co-sleeping is just the act of having the baby in the same room with you while sleeping. ( I got criticized for saying co-sleeping, so was just throwing it out there) 

My son is almost 11 months old and we have bed shared since day one in the hospital! I have never slept a night without him. We breastfeed so IT IS SO MUCH EASIER

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snowpeasmom
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 2:59 AM
1 mom liked this

the first night I had the basnett in my room next to me. I still couldn't sleep so I had him sleep side ways with his feet against me, because I was afriad of smutthering him, but needed him touching me, by the end of that night he was using my boob as a pillow...and he stayed that way until he stopped breastfeeding at 18 months. Then we co-sleeped until he was 2.5 and he asked for his own bed, which I put up against mine, and then moved it across the room about a motnh later and then 3 months later into his room. :(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mother to an amazing little boy Stephen, Disney Fanatic, Travel Agent, Single Mother, Home Schooling, Super Tall 6'2" all legs inseam 37 inches, Homebirthing, I ♥ Doctor Who, Juice Nut, Rape Survior, Crusie lover

ChewyBrownies
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:02 AM
Since birth. Ds slept in the same room with me. Then we slept in the same bed since he was one. He's two now and we still Co sleep even though he has his own room lol
Redcodex
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:07 AM
I was terrified to bed share. But we started when DD was about 6 weeks and I could slap myself for not having done it sooner! She's 19 months old and I don't see her moving anytime soon.
rfhsure
by beast mode on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:08 AM
My one year old is sleeping next to me in bed right now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)