Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I need some advice please. *Going in*Update1*Update2*Final update*

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:02 AM
  • 84 Replies
1 mom liked this
*Disclaimer: I know you're not drs. I'm asking for your honest opinion*

I hit my head while getting DD ready for school. Really hard yesterday. I monitored myself and me sure I didn't sleep for an hour, no dizziness, etc,etc. I had already had a nose bleed not 10 minutes before that.

So fast forward to 1am. I just fell asleep. I felt a little bit of hunger pains but nothing serious. I wake up 10 minutes ago and the room is spinning. Literally spinning. Everything, everywhere. I also vomit. I eat an orange and I'm fine or am I?

Most of you know I'm pregnant, 29 weeks with twins. So would this alarm you? Should I call L&D or just go back to bed? I still have a headache in the spot I hit my head but no dizziness or anything now. I also have a HR OBS appt tomorrow at 9:20am.

WWYD?

*Called L&D and my mom. She's trying to call to find me a ride or at least someone to meet me.*

*Update 1: ambulance came and brought me to the hospital. I've been triaged and registered. The took my sugar. It's 119. My pressure is the highest it's been my whole pregnancy at 136/75. They didn't send me up to L&D because it's not baby related. I'll update soon*

*Update 2: I'm finally in labor and delivery. Both babies look great in the screen. No contractions. No one has checked my head injury though even though I'm still vomiting and still dizzy sitting and standing. My mom called my children's father and he's here with DD. Will update as soon as I know more.*

*Last update: CT scan was normal. Just some swelling. Babies are both great. Not sure that happened but they said to take it easy and just put a cold compress on it. Thank you all for your will wishes :) Greatly appreciated !*
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:04 AM
Go to the ER. Jesus.
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:04 AM
Call your OB nurse line if you are nervous and make sure you have someone on hand to help with Dd just in case.
.PinkHart.
by Ruby Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:05 AM
I'd at least call and ask their advice.
briellesmomma
by Velvet on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:06 AM
I don't have anyone to help with DD. She would have to come with me.

Quoting B1Bomber: Call your OB nurse line if you are nervous and make sure you have someone on hand to help with Dd just in case.
copperked
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:06 AM
Definitely call.
SendMeBabyDust
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:07 AM
call L+D . you shouldn't be driving . can anyone take you????
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
briellesmomma
by Velvet on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:07 AM
I'm not sure what part of the ER to go to or I wouldn't ask.

Quoting Anonymous: Go to the ER. Jesus.
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:07 AM
In that case, go get checked. Concussions are nothing to mess with. What if you wake up in the night to dizz to move or worse, don't wake up?

Quoting briellesmomma: I don't have anyone to help with DD. She would have to come with me.

Quoting B1Bomber: Call your OB nurse line if you are nervous and make sure you have someone on hand to help with Dd just in case.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:08 AM
What about the twins father?

Quoting briellesmomma: I don't have anyone to help with DD. She would have to come with me.

briellesmomma
by Velvet on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:08 AM
I'll have to call an ambulance if I go. No one to drive me.

Quoting SendMeBabyDust: call L+D . you shouldn't be driving . can anyone take you????
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN