Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i don't get it... am i the only one?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
Why do mothers think they have to stay up all night with a content baby just because baby is awake? I see all these moms on fb saying they are still up because baby is, posting pictures and baby is happy and fine looking around. Maybe because I'm a mom of four but I'm like "let him/her look around and get yourself some sleep next to them" obviously it should be done safely with baby in their crib or a safe cosleeping space but given these are infants they aren't going anywhere and do not need constant entertainment or you staring at them. These poor tired moms are loosing sleep when they don't even have to.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 25, 2014 at 4:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ABCMomma0211
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 4:23 AM
Because thats stupidily dangerous
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 25, 2014 at 4:24 AM
1 mom liked this

I had 7 kids and also raising 4 grandkids and I don't sleep if they aren't asleep. HELLLLLLL I never sleep anyway............this post does not apply to me, lol

lexiloo714
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 4:24 AM
If it's time for bed and DD won't sleep SO has told me to just go to sleep and eventually she'll get bored enough and fall asleep too. I'm way too scared to do that. I'd never physically be able to fall asleep knowing she's laying next to me wide awake
Bubbie0809
by Dreaded hippie on Mar. 25, 2014 at 4:27 AM
I've done it, put the baby in the crib and go to sleep.
There are times that a happy baby will wake up and lay there happily and you don't know they are awake.
HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 4:27 AM
My 3mo old likes attention when she's awake. If I wasn't talking to her and holding her she would be crying. I have 4 kids too and have never slept while a baby or toddler was awake without someone else watching them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 25, 2014 at 4:33 AM
NEVER mobile child, but with my little s if they were just having around they can definitely be in their safe zone while I catch up on sleep. Sometimes that extra 30 minutes makes a world of difference

Quoting HIJKLM: My 3mo old likes attention when she's awake. If I wasn't talking to her and holding her she would be crying. I have 4 kids too and have never slept while a baby or toddler was awake without someone else watching them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 25, 2014 at 4:34 AM
Really? What danger can happen to a 2 month old who's awake in their crib without supervision? Not crying, changed, Fed, and just looking around...

Quoting ABCMomma0211: Because thats stupidily dangerous
justone_jen
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 4:34 AM
You might be the only person who gives a shit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 25, 2014 at 4:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I certainly couldn't with my older ones but at night with ny infants if they are happy and safe but looking around certainly will sleep some because it won't be long before it's time to be up with the bigger kids. 4 hours a night (collectively) puts me at a functioning level

Quoting Sassy762:

I had 7 kids and also raising 4 grandkids and I don't sleep if they aren't asleep. HELLLLLLL I never sleep anyway............this post does not apply to me, lol

fairymom82
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 4:36 AM
My kids are 8 & 10 and I still can't sleep if they are awake.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)