Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Diva Cups

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
Who has used them? Opinions? This is my first period trying one out. Tampons dry me out and I work 12 hour shifts where I don't always get a break, so I figured I'd give it a try on the advice of a friend that adores hers (I hate pads and they are not an option). It's been a little tricky getting the hang of it but I am guessing it takes practice? Also noticed that in just two days my cramps are less severe, anyone else notice that?

Also should add, if you think menstrul cups are nasty, weird, whatever, that's fine. I'm just interested in input from women that have used them.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 25, 2014 at 4:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 4:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I have o ly ever used them after sex to get pregnant. But heres a bump
Jblb
by Ruby Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 4:40 AM
Never tried, but you sold me at *less severe!

Going shopping! Thanks
justone_jen
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 4:42 AM
I like mine. It took probably three months to figure out entirely.

Tampons make me cramp. I don't cramp nearly as much when I don't use them.
SendMeBabyDust
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 4:44 AM
I need info also . I have been bleeding for MONTHS and go through too many boxes of tampons .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by Ruby Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 4:47 AM
I've never used a diva cup, but I've used the instead softcups. I was not impressed. They were much too wide and very uncomfortable. I like sea sponges. They're soft and they disappear like tampons are supposed to. I use sea sponges and cloth pads.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Frenchbebe
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 4:56 AM

I just ordered a Diva cup so I'm waiting on that and haven't tried it yet.  I also ordered cloth pads which I've heard really good things about. And yes, I've heard that using cloth and/or Diva cup can reduce cramping.  Excellent!  Keep us updated on how it goes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 25, 2014 at 5:56 AM
Really? To keep the sperm in or what? Honestly curious.

Quoting krusesbaby: I have o ly ever used them after sex to get pregnant. But heres a bump
krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Yep. Keeps it close to cervix. Worked all 3x!

Quoting Anonymous: Really? To keep the sperm in or what? Honestly curious.

Quoting krusesbaby: I have o ly ever used them after sex to get pregnant. But heres a bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2014 at 7:51 AM
I slept with it in for the first time last night. No leaks! It was in for over 9 hours on the heaviest day if my cycle and I never had to worry about leaving it in for too long or leaking. I still need another cycle or two to try it out with but I think it's worth it just for the bedtime factor.
ambrossious2000
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 7:54 AM

I liked using the disposable ones, I used to buy them at walmart. But my endometriosis got really bad so I stopped buying them. They are nice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)