Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

17 and pregnant -boyfriends reaction

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Yesterday I posted how I was 17 and my boyfriend is 22 and I'm pregnant and scared. Thanks to the people that offered support and I'm sure I'll need lots more.

I told my boyfriend last night and he thought I was crazy for thinking he'd be mad. I thought he'd want nothing to do with me. He said he loves me too much to even double think about his decision. I am so glad he is accepting this.

I don't know what to do next. I know I need to tell my parents but I'm not sure how or when. Even though I am relieved that my bf is ok with this I am still terrified.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:08 PM
Replies (11-20):
vwd_johnson
by Ruby Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:16 PM
Tell your parents now. Its best for them to know early than spring on a pregnancy to them. Make a doc appt asap so you can be seen and get the prenatal care you need.

Goodluck and congrats.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:18 PM

Good he's supportive but I really really hope he has a job! 

Halfdeafmommy
by Pure Honesty on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:18 PM

I am glad that he supports you! I was sixteen when I got pregnant and my sons father was 20. He ended up leaving a few days before my son was born but that is okay. Your going to need as much support you can get. It is not going to be easy but it will be worth it! I'm seventeen about to be 18. My son is about to be eleven months and we are doing good! I am graduating 2 years earlier then I would have in public school and I am trying to figure out what I want to do career wise. If you need anything at all message me! A baby is a blessing ! Congratulations!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:18 PM
Are you keeping your baby? Papa don't preach...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:18 PM
That dude will be gone in no time...

Quoting Anonymous:

Good he's supportive but I really really hope he has a job! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:19 PM
Get ready to be a single mom. They always say they'll stick around...
TS9509
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:19 PM
You and your bf need to go together and sit down with your parents and tell them. It's no easy way to tell them besides just doing it. Good luck and hugs!
ladybugchick317
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:19 PM

How long before you turn 18

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Well said.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Most people do ;)

Forcing yourself to grow up before you're ready tends to impart a wisdom that most find much later in life.

Quoting Danesmommy1: For some reason, I always think you're older.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:19 PM

Glad he is supportive! You'll be just fine. Life is only going to be harder, but it's still manageable! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)