Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

17 and pregnant -boyfriends reaction

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Yesterday I posted how I was 17 and my boyfriend is 22 and I'm pregnant and scared. Thanks to the people that offered support and I'm sure I'll need lots more.

I told my boyfriend last night and he thought I was crazy for thinking he'd be mad. I thought he'd want nothing to do with me. He said he loves me too much to even double think about his decision. I am so glad he is accepting this.

I don't know what to do next. I know I need to tell my parents but I'm not sure how or when. Even though I am relieved that my bf is ok with this I am still terrified.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:08 PM
Replies (141-143):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 21 on Mar. 26, 2014 at 4:14 PM
She's 17. Hurrrr durrrrrrrrrr

Quoting Anonymous:

Well lets hope your parents dont send him to jail.

State Pennsylvania
Age Of Consent

Minimum Age of Victim
Differential Between Victim And Defendant
Minimum Age of Defendant to Prosecute
Not Applicable
Statutory Rape Summary
Rape to engage in sexual intercourse with a complainant who is less than 13 years of age.

Rape to engage in deviate sexual intercourse with a complainant who is less than (1) 13 years of age or (2) 16 years of age and the actor is four or more years older.

Statutory Rape Law 18 § 3121
Statutory Rape Penalties
Up to 20 years in prison

Quoting Anonymous: Pa? Why?

Quoting Anonymous: What state do you live in?
BaronSamedi
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Put your head around reality.  The law does not care.  Over the last 40 years parential authority has been usurped by the state laws.   A prosecutor can charge over your parent's wishes or objections.  Sex is a real vote getter, justice is not considered.  You BF is very vulnerable.  Girls are almost never charged.  All  that needs to be said is RAPE and it's over.    To the law  and under that legal defination you are a victim.  You are considered too young to giver consent.  It is a legal defination.   Now that you are in a public forum and your state is known it is easy to find you.  (forgot that this is the internet age did you)  I know you think you have bases covered.  We are trying to tell you that you do not. 

Quoting Anonymous: But I'm not a victim, not at all. My parents also know where I am going and that I'm with him. They let me go over his house and sleep over. They could say no and I would listen.
Quoting BaronSamedi:

See a lawyer first otherwise this could get very bad fast.  Remember the parents do not have to charge anything but a prosecutor can do it independently of  them.    If you think you can just move in with your BF think again.  If in your state you are under age or not emancipated the answer is no.  Yeah you are starry eyed right now.  I think we all can understand that..    But the officialdom is not so forgiving.   Worse his future will be dead as far as employment.   No one is going to care that he Loves You.  Or that you love him.  That does not register.    A lot of us have had a lot more life experience.  We have seen and read the laws and know that they will be enforced with a vengeance.  The powers that be can have special laws drawn up and applied retroactively.    A lot of these laws are designed  from parental fears.   In this culture at this time we are not open to age difference until people are in their 20's.  Yes the exact difference in age many be the same but the maturity is not.  You BF biologically is less mature that you are.  In a just world it should be you going to prison.  But neither is ready to become economically independent.    Many of us have heard you illogical arguments before.  This is not new to many here.   You need to understand to overeaching laws of the state are what they are and are not going to change for you.   This culture still sees women as victims.   That is the way it is. 

Quoting Anonymous: I might move in with him so they won't have to worry about that.
Quoting SitaStJames:

I hope they wont either but you need to be prepared if they do. Even if they dont press charges they may not want him around their home or around you. And who knows maybe they'll hug you, pat him on the back and be happy for you guys...

Quoting Anonymous: No I don't know that for a fact but I pray they wouldn't do that.
Quoting SitaStJames:

think or know are two different words...do you know without a doubt they wouldnt threaten to press charges against your boyfriend? And trust me you're going to have to come clean to your parents about the pregnancy but you better be prepared for whatever out come that can happen. And being a responsible teen was never having sex in the first place is what some of the moms were hinting at on this post.

Quoting Anonymous: I don't think my parents would go that far.
Quoting SitaStJames:

in the eyes of the court your boyfriend broke a law and he could be facing a 20 year sentence if your parents press charges. Doesnt matter that you consented in the eyes of the court you arent 18 so therefore not a legal adult and you arent allowed to make that choice. Your boyfriend is 22, why he is with a 17 year old girl is beyond me and so he knew better than to let things get this far. And I wont be surprised if your parents wont like him anymore after getting their baby girl pregnant.

Quoting Anonymous: I don't care if its illegal. We love each other and he didn't force me to have sex with him.
Quoting Anonymous:

the law says diff and a 22 year old adult fucking a 17 year old child id illegal in your state and he can go to jail fo 20 years...See me and my husband were both legal adults when we started sleeping together so we unlike your man dont commit rape.

Quoting Anonymous: Maybe your the rapist since ur so obsessed!! Age is just a fucking # !
Quoting Anonymous:

there is actually a syndrome for people who do that....but if you wanna raise kids with your rapist boyfriend thats on you....see how much they like him when they find out your pregnant.

Quoting Anonymous: I don't care what the law says! He's not a rapist! You don't fall in love with someone who rapes you.
Quoting Anonymous:

If you read the law for your state he is a rapist who could serve up to 20 years in prison for knocking you up.....

Quoting Anonymous: He's not a fucking rapist. I was the one that pursued him. You such a ray of sunshine.
Quoting Anonymous:

how sweet they love a rapist. wht a warm and fuzzy feeling that must be for all.

Quoting Anonymous: They wouldn't send him to jail they like him a lot.
Quoting Anonymous:

Well lets hope your parents dont send him to jail.

State Pennsylvania Age Of Consent 16

Minimum Age of Victim 13 Age

Differential Between Victim And Defendant 4 Minimum Age of Defendant to Prosecute Not Applicable Statutory Rape Summary Rape to engage in sexual intercourse with a complainant who is less than 13 years of age.

Rape to engage in deviate sexual intercourse with a complainant who is less than (1) 13 years of age or (2) 16 years of age and the actor is four or more years older.

Statutory Rape Law 18 § 3121 Statutory Rape Penalties Up to 20 years in prison

Quoting Anonymous: Pa? Why?
Quoting Anonymous: What state do you live in?

venessaw04
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 11:44 AM

Im glad it worked out :) if you have any questions youve already pmed me before feel free anytime.  Congrats again babies are a blessing even when you are young! Dont let anyone tell you any different.  I hope the parents take it well too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN