Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

17 and pregnant -boyfriends reaction

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Yesterday I posted how I was 17 and my boyfriend is 22 and I'm pregnant and scared. Thanks to the people that offered support and I'm sure I'll need lots more.

I told my boyfriend last night and he thought I was crazy for thinking he'd be mad. I thought he'd want nothing to do with me. He said he loves me too much to even double think about his decision. I am so glad he is accepting this.

I don't know what to do next. I know I need to tell my parents but I'm not sure how or when. Even though I am relieved that my bf is ok with this I am still terrified.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:08 PM
Replies (21-30):
lucyblue202
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:20 PM

When I got pregnant at 19 I was also terrifed to tell my parents and I waited so long because I was anxious and kept putting it off. If I were to give you advice I say just tell them as soon as possible. The anxiety of thinking about telling them is worse then actually just saying it and getting it over with. It will be a huge weight off your shoulders. They will probably be upset and disappointed at first but they will come around, trust me. :) There is no "right time" to tell them or "easy" way to say it..you've just got to come out and say it like it is, "I'm pregnant". There is just no way to beat around the bush with this one, unfortunately. I spent hours trying to figure out a different way to word it that somehow would soften the blow but turns out it's just one of those things you've gotta just say. Good luck!

Amybelle
by Ruby Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:20 PM

I hope SHE has a job too

Quoting Anonymous:

Good he's supportive but I really really hope he has a job! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:20 PM
What state do you live in?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:21 PM
Oh yeah a knocked up 17 yr old will be just fine. WTF?!

Quoting Anonymous:

Glad he is supportive! You'll be just fine. Life is only going to be harder, but it's still manageable! :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:21 PM

That's the BIGGEST crock of shit... 

Don't listen to this poster.

I was 17 and got pregnant by my 27 year old boyfriend. 10 years later, we're still together and actually pregnant with baby #4. 

Quoting Anonymous: Get ready to be a single mom. They always say they'll stick around...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:22 PM
1 mom liked this
You're the exception. Have you see the dead beat dad stats? It's not the older divorced dads not paying child support.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was 17 and got pregnant by my 27 year old boyfriend. 10 years later, we're still together and actually pregnant with baby #4. 

Quoting Anonymous: Get ready to be a single mom. They always say they'll stick around...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:22 PM

This isn't the WORST thing to happen to someone. Life goes on... 

And yes she will be just fine. Sure she'll have to work and grow up sooner, but her life isn't over!

Quoting Anonymous: Oh yeah a knocked up 17 yr old will be just fine. WTF?!
Quoting Anonymous:

Glad he is supportive! You'll be just fine. Life is only going to be harder, but it's still manageable! :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:23 PM

Yea I have... and actually yes a lot of them are older and divorced. 

Quoting Anonymous: You're the exception. Have you see the dead beat dad stats? It's not the older divorced dads not paying child support.
Quoting Anonymous:

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:23 PM

It's so much more complicated than that, fellow Owl.

I was too far along to abort by the time I ADMITTED to myself I was most likely pregnant (teen mentality!) and when I considered adoption it became extremely clear to me that the relationships with everyone in this life I love very dearly would change forever. I kept my daughter because I couldn't bear losing everyone else. Because my now-husband was a good enough man to let me make the ultimate choice without pressuring me, but admitted his heart was breaking when he thought about a life without his child. The best sacrifice I have ever made.

Quoting owl0210: I couldn't imagine wanting to keep a child at 17 yrs old.
 photo anigif_enhanced-buzz-7782-1364935841-8.gif
AVE SATANAS!
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:29 PM
I'm glad things worked out for you. I just remember when I was 17 and can't imagine what I would do. My aunt got pregnant when she was 16 and was sent away to a home for unwed mothers during the 1970's. She gave her son up for adoption but it was the best decision for her at the time.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

It's so much more complicated than that, fellow Owl.

I was too far along to abort by the time I ADMITTED to myself I was most likely pregnant (teen mentality!) and when I considered adoption it became extremely clear to me that the relationships with everyone in this life I love very dearly would change forever. I kept my daughter because I couldn't bear losing everyone else. Because my now-husband was a good enough man to let me make the ultimate choice without pressuring me, but admitted his heart was breaking when he thought about a life without his child. The best sacrifice I have ever made.

Quoting owl0210: I couldn't imagine wanting to keep a child at 17 yrs old.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN