Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

17 and pregnant -boyfriends reaction

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Yesterday I posted how I was 17 and my boyfriend is 22 and I'm pregnant and scared. Thanks to the people that offered support and I'm sure I'll need lots more.

I told my boyfriend last night and he thought I was crazy for thinking he'd be mad. I thought he'd want nothing to do with me. He said he loves me too much to even double think about his decision. I am so glad he is accepting this.

I don't know what to do next. I know I need to tell my parents but I'm not sure how or when. Even though I am relieved that my bf is ok with this I am still terrified.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:08 PM
Replies (31-40):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this

My daughter was already born into this world and I was staring at her in wonder and fear and I STILL didn't know wtf I was going to do.

The experience was excruciating; I was forced to transform and shed my old skin and become a Mom years and years before I was ready to. It ripped and scarred me in many places, but I can endure a lot more now from this life.

But as the old cliche goes: What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

I have the mental fortitude of 1,000 Zen Buddhas. My wisdom surpasses my years, and I'm more settled and emotionally content than friends my age without kids. I've been with my husband for eight years and I'm not yet 25.

Quoting owl0210: I'm glad things worked out for you. I just remember when I was 17 and can't imagine what I would do. My aunt got pregnant when she was 16 and was sent away to a home for unwed mothers during the 1970's. She gave her son up for adoption but it was the best decision for her at the time.
 photo anigif_enhanced-buzz-7782-1364935841-8.gif
AVE SATANAS!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 25, 2014 at 5:02 PM
This is so new I don't even know what to do.

Quoting Anonymous: Babies are a blessing. Don't be scared, be happy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 25, 2014 at 5:03 PM
Thank you.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

This is the EXACT age difference between my husband and I and the EXACT age I got pregnant as well.

Tell them as soon as you can; I was terrified as well but I KNEW that I wanted and needed their emotional support while I went through the emotional turmoil.

I'm now almost 25, and I don't think my life would have been better without my daughter....I can't imagine a world without her. You'll get there too <3

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 25, 2014 at 5:04 PM
I was on bc and we use condoms. I am responsible.

Quoting Amybelle:

yet another post that makes me Thank God for my responsible children

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 25, 2014 at 5:05 PM
Thank you

Quoting vwd_johnson: Tell your parents now. Its best for them to know early than spring on a pregnancy to them. Make a doc appt asap so you can be seen and get the prenatal care you need.

Goodluck and congrats.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 25, 2014 at 5:05 PM
He does and is going to college

Quoting Anonymous:

Good he's supportive but I really really hope he has a job! 

csxt99
by Jennifer on Mar. 25, 2014 at 5:06 PM

Tell your parents before the baby crowns.  Even though your boyfriend is playing lovey dovey now, don't expect it to last.  Be prepared to handle raising this baby on your own because the odds are against you and him being a lifelong couple or even of him sticking around long enough for thr baby to be born.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 25, 2014 at 5:06 PM
Thank you :) and I don't want to be a burden.

Quoting Halfdeafmommy:

I am glad that he supports you! I was sixteen when I got pregnant and my sons father was 20. He ended up leaving a few days before my son was born but that is okay. Your going to need as much support you can get. It is not going to be easy but it will be worth it! I'm seventeen about to be 18. My son is about to be eleven months and we are doing good! I am graduating 2 years earlier then I would have in public school and I am trying to figure out what I want to do career wise. If you need anything at all message me! A baby is a blessing ! Congratulations!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Mar. 25, 2014 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow, you're too wise to be 25!!

Quoting OwlNuggets:

This is the EXACT age difference between my husband and I and the EXACT age I got pregnant as well.

Tell them as soon as you can; I was terrified as well but I KNEW that I wanted and needed their emotional support while I went through the emotional turmoil.

I'm now almost 25, and I don't think my life would have been better without my daughter....I can't imagine a world without her. You'll get there too <3

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 25, 2014 at 5:07 PM
Yes

Quoting Anonymous: Are you keeping your baby? Papa don't preach...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)