Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I ate a dinosaur....

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 4:09 PM
  • 30 Replies
1 mom liked this

I know, I've been posting a lot of post about advice for my sons birthday. Thank you all for the advice!

I have decided on a theme I think! Dinosaurs! 

This is the stuff that I bought so far. The party will have about 25 people and a lot of kids. I figured if we ran out of character plates or cups I could just use the blue ones I am buying from the dollar store. I am also buying the silver wear and a few other things from there. Just the decorations below is 80$ and I still have to get food and other things. Plus the 55$ for the cake.

24 plates

90 napkins

I got 24 cups

24 center peices

24 hanging decorations

24 balloons

There are 8 tables so four orange covers and 4 blue ones.

This cake is what his cake will look like it. I ordered his from a bakery and it will be made into his own, this is just an example. It will be frosting, not fondant. I got this cake for 55$ and that includes delivery.

Venue:

Games Ideas: Pin the tail on the dino.. Still pinteresting this one! 

Any ideas! What else am I missing besides food and games! Party is not until May. Any fun dino food we could do?

Food so far: Rigatony, pizza, dino peanut butter and jelly. Oreo and gummy worm dirt. Cookies, cake, ice cream... Everything I have looked up is a choking hazard.. what is good for a bday party food wise?

by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Halfdeafmommy
by Pure Honesty on Mar. 25, 2014 at 4:23 PM

Another thing I am doing for the kids!

Halfdeafmommy
by Pure Honesty on Mar. 25, 2014 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh and a dinosaur egg hunt. They have dinosuar eggs for easter at walmart so I will buy them after Easter and get them on sale! woo!

lalaboosh
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 4:27 PM
I'm a lunch and cake in the living room type mom, but here's a bump. Looks fun, but how do you get 25 kids for a 1st birthday? Are they cousins or friends of older siblings?
Halfdeafmommy
by Pure Honesty on Mar. 25, 2014 at 4:30 PM

It will be about 25 people total but half of those are kids. They are his cousins and close family members. Thanks for the bump!

Quoting lalaboosh: I'm a lunch and cake in the living room type mom, but here's a bump. Looks fun, but how do you get 25 kids for a 1st birthday? Are they cousins or friends of older siblings?

rebeccab1966
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 4:32 PM

I miss cute kid parties!  Now that mine are 11 and 14 they just want their friends around so they don't have to see adults!  :)

lalaboosh
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 5:06 PM
Ah, that's more like what I would have going on if I had the energy for bigger parties.

Quoting Halfdeafmommy:

It will be about 25 people total but half of those are kids. They are his cousins and close family members. Thanks for the bump!

Quoting lalaboosh: I'm a lunch and cake in the living room type mom, but here's a bump. Looks fun, but how do you get 25 kids for a 1st birthday? Are they cousins or friends of older siblings?

lovinmyboys...
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 5:11 PM
Use dino shapes or footprints on the floor and do a musical shapes/footprints game (as in musical chairs). The kids have to stand on them instead of sitting on chairs and dance to the music in between. We did this at my ds' s bd party and it was a hit.
lovinmyboys...
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Get some craft stuff and let them decorate their own dino masks.
Halfdeafmommy
by Pure Honesty on Mar. 25, 2014 at 5:33 PM

Aww that is a cute idea! I will do that! thank you!

Quoting lovinmyboys...: Use dino shapes or footprints on the floor and do a musical shapes/footprints game (as in musical chairs). The kids have to stand on them instead of sitting on chairs and dance to the music in between. We did this at my ds' s bd party and it was a hit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)