Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is Barbie banned at your house?

Posted by   + Show Post

I posted this picture of my newbie on facebook and I got a message pleading that I do my research on barbie.. barbie gives women and men unrealistic expectations of women.... -.-

are you FREKING kidding me?

Barbie never hurt anyone. SHE IS A DOLL. I played with barbie no body issues here. My grandma had a HUGE barbie collection so I got barbie everything as a kid. Did not scar me one bit.  I unfriended them. It was an old acquaintances Mother who sent me the message. I couldn't help but laugh. My daughter is almost 7 weeks old and has 20+ new in box barbies from my grandmothers collection that I saved plus my entire childhood collection ( yep those were saved too).  I am so pumped to be able to look at new barbie stuff too  when the time comes.

8 year old me living it up at grandma's house in her barbie room.

by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:56 PM
Replies (11-20):
vicky31
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:02 PM
I grew up with barbies 0 problems with human expectation.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:02 PM
I mean, if DS wanted one I'd get him one. He has some dolls.
Bluerose1482
by Ruby Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:03 PM

My daughter plays with barbies all the time.  I wonder how you have any fun at all with a barbie in a box.

Ajanee12
by That's What She Said on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:03 PM

Quoting Mrs.Pedro: Oh and your daughter AND that shirt are adorable!

Thanks!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:03 PM
Banned here along with bratz and whatever other bullshit fashion doll comes out. They are crap.
bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this
People are ridiculous. Gorgeous photo!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:04 PM
-oh god another mom trying to get attention by bragging about how her little boy loves girl stuff .

Quoting Mrs.Pedro: No way! My son loves Barbie Life in the Dreamhouse show and he has a Barbie mermaid he plays with in the tub haha.
Aamy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:04 PM

Nope. I dont allow a plastic doll to teach my kids. Thats my job. 

tisha826
by Tisha on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:04 PM
Barbie stays.
Ajanee12
by That's What She Said on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:05 PM

Quoting Bluerose1482:

My daughter plays with barbies all the time.  I wonder how you have any fun at all with a barbie in a box.

Well when my daughter is old enough she can open them. My grandma collected them so growing up it was tough not being able to play with all of them. Most of the time grandma bought two though, one for me and one for her room so I had a bunch of opened ones to play with at her house too. Plus I got a ton for every holiday. Barbies EVERYWHERE!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)