Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is Barbie banned at your house?

Posted by   + Show Post

I posted this picture of my newbie on facebook and I got a message pleading that I do my research on barbie.. barbie gives women and men unrealistic expectations of women.... -.-

are you FREKING kidding me?

Barbie never hurt anyone. SHE IS A DOLL. I played with barbie no body issues here. My grandma had a HUGE barbie collection so I got barbie everything as a kid. Did not scar me one bit.  I unfriended them. It was an old acquaintances Mother who sent me the message. I couldn't help but laugh. My daughter is almost 7 weeks old and has 20+ new in box barbies from my grandmothers collection that I saved plus my entire childhood collection ( yep those were saved too).  I am so pumped to be able to look at new barbie stuff too  when the time comes.

8 year old me living it up at grandma's house in her barbie room.

by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:56 PM
Replies (21-30):
SexyBurlapSack
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, but only because I freking hate Barbie. Always have.

Ajanee12
by That's What She Said on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:06 PM

How is she bragging? 

Quoting Anonymous: -oh god another mom trying to get attention by bragging about how her little boy loves girl stuff .
Quoting Mrs.Pedro: No way! My son loves Barbie Life in the Dreamhouse show and he has a Barbie mermaid he plays with in the tub haha.

SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I have always hated that doll, so it is probably a good thing that I had a boy. I would have taught a daughter how to destroy the damn things. 

Marie_Edelman2
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:07 PM
Of course not! Love Barbie! People are so crazy, smh. Your baby is adorable and I LOVE that shirt! Too cute!
Mrs.Pedro
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:07 PM
Riiiiight. Because I wasn't just trying to answer her post title question. I have three sons and no daughters... So yeah... I'm not going to be like, "My imaginary daughter loves barbies!" Because that would be a lie and a stupid one at that.

Quoting Anonymous: -oh god another mom trying to get attention by bragging about how her little boy loves girl stuff .

Quoting Mrs.Pedro: No way! My son loves Barbie Life in the Dreamhouse show and he has a Barbie mermaid he plays with in the tub haha.
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:07 PM

Heck I gave all my childhood Barbies to my boys and they loved them.  LOL

Ajanee12
by That's What She Said on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I have two boys.  I am sure they will destroy her barbies just as my brother did to mine lol.

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

I have always hated that doll, so it is probably a good thing that I had a boy. I would have taught a daughter how to destroy the damn things. 

cakklove
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol I think it's silly to ban Barbie.

diaperstodating
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:09 PM
Yes she is.
PoisonEyeV
I got a J.O.B! So excited.
Yesterday at 5:47 AM
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:09 PM
3 moms liked this

Barbie has never been banned. My girls have had Barbies but they didn't show too much interest in them for too long.

I never once really looked at Barbie in the way that some people do. I think it's ridiculous. Why dissect everything like that and make something so harmless into something so stupid!?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)