Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She wont listen...no one is ever going to be able to figure out her childs name!

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:19 AM
  • 74 Replies
1 mom liked this

My  cousin who I love dearly, she was born when I was 13 and I kept her ALOT, is having a baby.

She got married at 18 and is now pregnant at 19. Now I know some 19 year olds who are mature and can totally handle motherhood, my mom had me at 19, but and here is the big BUT, she is NOT.

She thinks its going to be all fun and games, she giggles and says that she cant wait to dress her little girl up and show her off! 

On top of everything else no one can convince her that she is spelling her childs name wrong!

She is going to name the baby Adrian, like from Rocky, Yo Adrian...yeah only this is how she is spelling it...ADRAIN!

People are going to call this child AD-RAIN!

I was there when her mother told her and she said that this was how it was spelt, to google it and then said that the internet was wrong.

This poor child name is going to be AD-RAIN! Bless this poor child's heart!

Her husband is no help, he thinks he is a rock star, SERIOUSLY! He is just as out of it as her, I am seriously worried about this child.

Maybe they will grow up when she is born, but her name is still going to be ADRAIN! GAH! 

Vent over LOL!

by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lolabearlow
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:21 AM
9 moms liked this
Lol, i was thinkin' it was "a-drain".... i see drano jokes in that kids future.
mummyoftwins92
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:23 AM
4 moms liked this
Maybe show her the credits for rocky and she might see its the right spelling.thats all I've got
bannannagirl
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:23 AM
Well my son's name is Kegan (pronouned Keegan). And my sister named her child Unique (that is literally her name). The child will be ok but I understand the frusteration. By the way hubby picked Kegan's spelling.
ahappymommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I didnt even think of that LOL!

Quoting Lolabearlow: Lol, i was thinkin' it was "a-drain".... i see drano jokes in that kids future.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:25 AM
I like the name. But I would spell it Adrienne. Or at least Adrian. Don't worry too much though.
69liliem10
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:25 AM
2 moms liked this

That's the first thought that came to my mind, too.

Quoting Lolabearlow: Lol, i was thinkin' it was "a-drain".... i see drano jokes in that kids future.

Toonkasmommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol me too

sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:26 AM
My son's name is Adrian and so far nobody has been stupid enough to put a space in there and call him ad rain. Nobody has ever mispronounced his name.
ahappymommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Ok, the way you spelled Adrian is correct though, she is literally spelling it ADRAIN! She switched the a and I!

Quoting sweetieiv: My son's name is Adrian and so far nobody has been stupid enough to put a space in there and call him ad rain. Nobody has ever mispronounced his name.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I guess I'm the only one thay read it right. :/
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)