Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She wont listen...no one is ever going to be able to figure out her childs name!

Posted by   + Show Post

My  cousin who I love dearly, she was born when I was 13 and I kept her ALOT, is having a baby.

She got married at 18 and is now pregnant at 19. Now I know some 19 year olds who are mature and can totally handle motherhood, my mom had me at 19, but and here is the big BUT, she is NOT.

She thinks its going to be all fun and games, she giggles and says that she cant wait to dress her little girl up and show her off! 

On top of everything else no one can convince her that she is spelling her childs name wrong!

She is going to name the baby Adrian, like from Rocky, Yo Adrian...yeah only this is how she is spelling it...ADRAIN!

People are going to call this child AD-RAIN!

I was there when her mother told her and she said that this was how it was spelt, to google it and then said that the internet was wrong.

This poor child name is going to be AD-RAIN! Bless this poor child's heart!

Her husband is no help, he thinks he is a rock star, SERIOUSLY! He is just as out of it as her, I am seriously worried about this child.

Maybe they will grow up when she is born, but her name is still going to be ADRAIN! GAH! 

Vent over LOL!

by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:19 AM
Replies (11-20):
sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:29 AM
Lmao!!! I see now. Sorry.

Quoting ahappymommy:

Ok, the way you spelled Adrian is correct though, she is literally spelling it ADRAIN! She switched the a and I!

Quoting sweetieiv: My son's name is Adrian and so far nobody has been stupid enough to put a space in there and call him ad rain. Nobody has ever mispronounced his name.

Lolabearlow
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:29 AM
That's because your sons name is spelled "adrian" not "adrain" . The "ia" is what we are refering to.

Quoting sweetieiv: My son's name is Adrian and so far nobody has been stupid enough to put a space in there and call him ad rain. Nobody has ever mispronounced his name.
WindBlownOracle
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:30 AM

Shrugs~ people spell Jeffrey as Jeffery. Who cares. 

ahappymommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:30 AM

Ill try, I just hope she grows up a little before the baby is born, and realizes that its not all dress up and fun!

Quoting Anonymous: I like the name. But I would spell it Adrienne. Or at least Adrian. Don't worry too much though.

sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:30 AM
Yeah I got corrected already.

Quoting Lolabearlow: That's because your sons name is spelled "adrian" not "adrain" . The "ia" is what we are refering to.

ahappymommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:36 AM

Yeah, but at least its can still pronounced right, this name cant even be pronounced right! 

Quoting WindBlownOracle:

Shrugs~ people spell Jeffrey as Jeffery. Who cares. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:39 AM
A drain.....oh boy.

This reminds me of the time my friend genuinely wanted to name her kid abcde -_-
jcpeters0320
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:46 AM
Better than la-a
Ladasha
Haha
ahappymommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Very True! Id have to smack her if she tried that one! LOL!

Quoting jcpeters0320: Better than la-a Ladasha Haha

calismom13
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:54 AM
It's better than
"Shithead" pronounced "Shi-theed"
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN