Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She wont listen...no one is ever going to be able to figure out her childs name!

Posted by   + Show Post

My  cousin who I love dearly, she was born when I was 13 and I kept her ALOT, is having a baby.

She got married at 18 and is now pregnant at 19. Now I know some 19 year olds who are mature and can totally handle motherhood, my mom had me at 19, but and here is the big BUT, she is NOT.

She thinks its going to be all fun and games, she giggles and says that she cant wait to dress her little girl up and show her off! 

On top of everything else no one can convince her that she is spelling her childs name wrong!

She is going to name the baby Adrian, like from Rocky, Yo Adrian...yeah only this is how she is spelling it...ADRAIN!

People are going to call this child AD-RAIN!

I was there when her mother told her and she said that this was how it was spelt, to google it and then said that the internet was wrong.

This poor child name is going to be AD-RAIN! Bless this poor child's heart!

Her husband is no help, he thinks he is a rock star, SERIOUSLY! He is just as out of it as her, I am seriously worried about this child.

Maybe they will grow up when she is born, but her name is still going to be ADRAIN! GAH! 

Vent over LOL!

by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:19 AM
Replies (21-30):
ahappymommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:56 AM

Someone named their child that, wow!

Quoting calismom13: It's better than "Shithead" pronounced "Shi-theed"

angelizedsinz
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:56 AM
That poor kid. The drain jokes are going to follow him everywhere.
mamafor65roses
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:00 AM

I have a cousin named D'ryan. You'd think that'd be simple.

My oldest daughters name is Keila. Like Tequila, without the Te. When we're hospitalized, nurses call her Keely, Kayla... everything except Keila. I didn't think that would be so difficult.

My point is... People are going to mispronounce uncommon names. :)

Princess_s21
by Sarah on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:00 AM
1 mom liked this
It is a variation of Adrian and I way you can spell it, but I don't like it at all, all I see is a-drain lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I read it  A-Drain

calismom13
by New Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:02 AM
A friend of mine over herd nurses talking about it while in the hospital after she had her baby.

Quoting ahappymommy:

Someone named their child that, wow!

Quoting calismom13: It's better than
"Shithead" pronounced "Shi-theed"

ahappymommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:02 AM

I didnt even see that until this post, I was see ad-rain LOL!, a-drain is worse!

Quoting Princess_s21: It is a variation of Adrian and I way you can spell it, but I don't like it at all, all I see is a-drain lol

curvygurl1912
by Renee on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:07 AM

If I worried about the well being of every kid who's parent gave them a dumbass name, I would be worrying about ALOT of kids, lol

katemckenzie
by Kate on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:10 AM

A drain.

ahappymommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:11 AM

Im not worried about her just because of the name, its because they act like they are getting a puppy or something. She giggles and says she cant wait to dress her up and show her off and doesnt seem to understand that babies are just fun and games, that they take work and get sick.  SHe even said her husband will have to change diapers because poop is icky!

Quoting curvygurl1912:

If I worried about the well being of every kid who's parent gave them a dumbass name, I would be worrying about ALOT of kids, lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)