Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She wont listen...no one is ever going to be able to figure out her childs name!

Posted by   + Show Post

My  cousin who I love dearly, she was born when I was 13 and I kept her ALOT, is having a baby.

She got married at 18 and is now pregnant at 19. Now I know some 19 year olds who are mature and can totally handle motherhood, my mom had me at 19, but and here is the big BUT, she is NOT.

She thinks its going to be all fun and games, she giggles and says that she cant wait to dress her little girl up and show her off! 

On top of everything else no one can convince her that she is spelling her childs name wrong!

She is going to name the baby Adrian, like from Rocky, Yo Adrian...yeah only this is how she is spelling it...ADRAIN!

People are going to call this child AD-RAIN!

I was there when her mother told her and she said that this was how it was spelt, to google it and then said that the internet was wrong.

This poor child name is going to be AD-RAIN! Bless this poor child's heart!

Her husband is no help, he thinks he is a rock star, SERIOUSLY! He is just as out of it as her, I am seriously worried about this child.

Maybe they will grow up when she is born, but her name is still going to be ADRAIN! GAH! 

Vent over LOL!

by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:19 AM
Replies (31-40):
ahappymommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:12 AM

Yep, poor kid!

Quoting katemckenzie:

A drain.

curvygurl1912
by Renee on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:15 AM

Unless she has no ability to learn or adapt, she will be fine. The human race wouldn't have made it this far if morons couldn't raise kids in spite of themselves, lol 

Quoting ahappymommy:

Im not worried about her just because of the name, its because they act like they are getting a puppy or something. She giggles and says she cant wait to dress her up and show her off and doesnt seem to understand that babies are just fun and games, that they take work and get sick.  SHe even said her husband will have to change diapers because poop is icky!

Quoting curvygurl1912:

If I worried about the well being of every kid who's parent gave them a dumbass name, I would be worrying about ALOT of kids, lol

RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:19 AM
1 mom liked this
On the plus side when Adrain grows up she can legally change her name to the correct spelling

until then, when she's old enough to get it, she can always go by addy, and just write that!
ahappymommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:44 AM

Very true, Ill tell my cousins mom that, she isnt thrilled with the name and this will make her feel better, thank you!

Quoting RazzleMySpazz: On the plus side when Adrain grows up she can legally change her name to the correct spelling until then, when she's old enough to get it, she can always go by addy, and just write that!

CrimsonAlice
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:51 AM
1 mom liked this
My sistes ex boyfriend wanted to name their son...

Optimus Prime

Link

Or Sephiroth
nolongermstkn
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 3:09 AM
Adrian for a girl?

Thats my bosses name (guy).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ahappymommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 5:22 PM

It can be a girls name, it just needs to be spelt correctly!

Quoting nolongermstkn: Adrian for a girl? Thats my bosses name (guy).

nolongermstkn
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 6:06 PM
I never knew or heard that. Lol

Quoting ahappymommy:

It can be a girls name, it just needs to be spelt correctly!

Quoting nolongermstkn: Adrian for a girl? Thats my bosses name (guy).

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Loveavision
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 6:16 PM
That poor, poor child.
morriganna
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:27 PM

Awww....I came her to defend her but really?  The internet is wrong?!  Is she going to pronounce it A-dri-an?  Geez.  Yeah, younique spellings are my peeve and it's so sad she's not even doing it on purpose, just spelling it backwards in ignorance.  It's her baby though...just pray that she learns about phonics before the due date.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN