Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She wont listen...no one is ever going to be able to figure out her childs name!

Posted by   + Show Post

My  cousin who I love dearly, she was born when I was 13 and I kept her ALOT, is having a baby.

She got married at 18 and is now pregnant at 19. Now I know some 19 year olds who are mature and can totally handle motherhood, my mom had me at 19, but and here is the big BUT, she is NOT.

She thinks its going to be all fun and games, she giggles and says that she cant wait to dress her little girl up and show her off! 

On top of everything else no one can convince her that she is spelling her childs name wrong!

She is going to name the baby Adrian, like from Rocky, Yo Adrian...yeah only this is how she is spelling it...ADRAIN!

People are going to call this child AD-RAIN!

I was there when her mother told her and she said that this was how it was spelt, to google it and then said that the internet was wrong.

This poor child name is going to be AD-RAIN! Bless this poor child's heart!

Her husband is no help, he thinks he is a rock star, SERIOUSLY! He is just as out of it as her, I am seriously worried about this child.

Maybe they will grow up when she is born, but her name is still going to be ADRAIN! GAH! 

Vent over LOL!

by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:19 AM
Replies (41-50):
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:28 PM
I read a drain.
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:30 PM

Yup his name spelled that way is AD-RAIN or A-DRAIN

Not to mention Adrian is the Male spelling.  Adrienne is the Female spelling.  She isn't even spelling.  UGH!!

ahappymommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:30 PM

Yeah, they are going to pronounce it A-dri-an, even though there is no it can be pronounced that way the way they are spelling it, I just pray someone opens her eyes!

Quoting morriganna:

Awww....I came her to defend her but really?  The internet is wrong?!  Is she going to pronounce it A-dri-an?  Geez.  Yeah, younique spellings are my peeve and it's so sad she's not even doing it on purpose, just spelling it backwards in ignorance.  It's her baby though...just pray that she learns about phonics before the due date.

ahappymommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:34 PM

Yeah, its just one big mess!

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Yup his name spelled that way is AD-RAIN or A-DRAIN

Not to mention Adrian is the Male spelling.  Adrienne is the Female spelling.  She isn't even spelling.  UGH!!

luckysevenwow
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:34 PM
I read it the correct way, even with the wrong spelling. I think my brain just glimpsed it and knew what it was without actually thinking about it.
MadmanWithABox
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:40 PM
Your sister's ex has excellent taste. LMAO.

(Not that I endorse naming a child any of those things...it was hard enough to convince my BFF to not name her child Itachi.)

Quoting CrimsonAlice: My sistes ex boyfriend wanted to name their son...

Optimus Prime

Link

Or Sephiroth
circle_of_life
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:49 PM

That would bother me forever. And I tell you what I would never spell it "Adrain". That kids presents would always say "Adrian". Lol.  I would get tired of cringing with all of the cringing I would do if my cousin named her kid Adrain! Lmao

pm4k
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:50 PM

Here's a thought....show her this post....let her see the spelling for Adrian....maybe she will change the spelling with the comments on here.

crumpy_gat
by No. on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:50 PM
Is she dyslexic?
CABZS
by Emerald Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:53 PM
So bc she can't wait to dress her child up and show her off means she thinks it will be all fun and games? I couldn't wait to do the same with my kids and I knew it wasn't all fun and games.

As for the spelling, eh I don't get all worked up over names.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN