Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What's the worst phone call you've EVER gotten ?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 397 Replies
1 mom liked this
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 7:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
devilkitty
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 7:56 AM
Three days after driving into Colorado to visit family we got the call my uncle was killed in a car accident driving home with my aunt, cousin and sister. When I was 7 my mom got the call about my three week old cousin dying from SIDS.
curvygurl1912
by Renee on Mar. 26, 2014 at 7:57 AM
The 2 worst phone calls I received were to tell me that my mom and younger sister were in the er on life support. I got those calls just 10 months apart and both times it was like Chuck Norris had punched me square in the chest. I knew both times they would not live, and they didn't.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 7:59 AM
I think it was my sister was being rushed to the hospital after a failed suicide attempt
StreetsAhead
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 7:59 AM
The one to tell me that DS (who wasnt DS at the time) was an orphan and I needed to fly out then and there
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 7:59 AM

That my surrogate daughter had passed away

BeAmour
by Tonya on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:00 AM
That I needed to hurry and get home bc my dad couldn't breathe. I got the phone call as I was pulling up to their house. Luckily.
adrianasmommy07
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:00 AM
That my dad wasn't expected to make it through the day.
scarletmeshell
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:01 AM

That my son was dead.

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:02 AM
It's a tie.
The day my dad called and said my cousin committed suicide. I busted into tears and had to call him back after catching my breath. I started hyperventilating and had an anxiety attack. Later we found out it wasn't suicide, someone murdered him. They shot him in the head from behind. :/ Sadly we don't know who did it and now his two young daughters will grow up without their daddy.

Then my other cousin went into labor at 23 weeks. Her water broke so there was no trying to stop it. But that wasn't the worst. It was three weeks later when she called to say Jacob passed away. It was an exhausting three weeks. His health was a roller coaster. He'd be fine one day and nearly dead the next. He sure was a little trooper tho. :(
ChunkyMonkey25
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:05 AM
Phone call from a nurse letting me know my mother was dying and whether or not to use life saving measures or just let her die. She had been battling breast cancer(second time) for almost a year.

Not only worst phone call but one of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)