Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My sister dropping off my nephew at daycare when she has a week off??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 805 Replies
1 mom liked this
My sister is a "career woman". She has one child and her job is her life. I knew she had a week off this week, so I called her yesterday to ask if her and her son wanted to come play in the afternoon. She said "sure, I have a haircut in the morning and then I'm going to lunch with Sue, so we'll come by after I pick him up from daycare."

She said basically that she's still dropping him off at daycare all week, she's just been going for lunch with him and stuff in between relaxing and errands. Maybe it's just because I'm a sahm and my babes are with me 24/7, but wtf?!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:10 AM
212 moms liked this
Most daycares make you pay whether your kid is there it not. If she's already paying for the week I see no issue dropping the kid off. It's easier to get things done as well.
wiener
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:10 AM
84 moms liked this
So what's the big deal. I still send my kids to daycare when I take a week off work. Sometimes us working moms need time too catch up with things that we normally can't do with kids and work.
ForeverLawst
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:11 AM
7 moms liked this

I'm sure she's still got to pay for this week anyway. I dunno. I would spend at least a few days with him even if I needed some ME-time. *shrugs*

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:11 AM
8 moms liked this
Well it's her kid and her life. A lot of parents do that. I'm a full time nanny and my boss is off every Tuesday and I still come in and work while she's in her room watching tv or on the phone talking with friends.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:12 AM
6 moms liked this

different people parent differently.  I had a similar situation when I was a single working mom.  when I had vacation, I often took him until just after naptime so I could get some chores done around the house, have coffee with a friend, whatever that I normally don't get a chance to do.

I also left him in daycare when I worked nights; I might have been home from 7:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m., but I needed to sleep at some point.

Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Why does it matter. She is paying for daycare and doing what she feels is best for your family.

jcm28
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:13 AM
3 moms liked this
I would do the same thing if I needed to run around and do stuff. Daycare is not free
Roo1234
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:13 AM
27 moms liked this
Many do this because it held keep the routine the child is used to, or because they are taking the time to accomplish things and don't want to be allowed down by a change in their own routine.

It really isn't that uncommon
Ricanmami88
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:13 AM
8 moms liked this
I'd still drop them off. She does have things she plans to do, you can't really get much done with kids around. Not everyone has their kids or can be with them 24/7. No big deal.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:13 AM
65 moms liked this

Mind your own fucking business!  Not everyone want to be a mommy martyr with kids up their ass 24/7!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)