Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My sister dropping off my nephew at daycare when she has a week off??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My sister is a "career woman". She has one child and her job is her life. I knew she had a week off this week, so I called her yesterday to ask if her and her son wanted to come play in the afternoon. She said "sure, I have a haircut in the morning and then I'm going to lunch with Sue, so we'll come by after I pick him up from daycare."

She said basically that she's still dropping him off at daycare all week, she's just been going for lunch with him and stuff in between relaxing and errands. Maybe it's just because I'm a sahm and my babes are with me 24/7, but wtf?!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:06 AM
Replies (561-570):
Dragonhead
by Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this

What your sister does is none of your business.   Why do you think it is? ... and why are you passing judgment on her and polling strangers in a public forum for validation of your cockeyed view.

Good grief!

CharmMom1216
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 6:14 PM
I would dedicate one day to my little ones
Mommynwife26
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 6:16 PM
This. When my oldest daughter was in day care I would pay for a whole month, they only accept full time kids so she had to attend at least 4 days a week and despite I only worked 3 days in the week and the weekend she would still attend the full 5 days after she turned 2. Of course when she moved into the 2yr old room they did a "preschool" hour. The 2 days I had off as long as I didn't have any dr appts or anything in the afternoon I would pick her up at 2 (after nap) instead of 530 and drop her off at 8 instead of 630 but since I had to pay for it anyways she went. She would have had to attend at least 1 of my days off otherwise she wouldn't be able to attend. But it makes me glad I got to stay home after my youngest was born! I loved that day care but they shut down and I am glad to get to spend more time with my kids.

Quoting Anonymous: Most daycares make you pay whether your kid is there it not. If she's already paying for the week I see no issue dropping the kid off. It's easier to get things done as well.
amberrjoy
by Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 6:16 PM
As many other moms have said, when you pay for daycare you have to pay even if you have time off. I personally would probably want to keep my children with me if I had the time off of work since I don't usually get to see them that often but I don't see anything wrong with her taking him to day care and spending a little personal time with her time off. Sorry if there are typos I'm using Siri to write this as I'm driving so I can't proofread.
LauraBee46
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 6:17 PM

Everyone needs "Mommy time."  Especially Moms who work.  Give her a break. 

cuauhtemocsmom
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 6:17 PM
Working is hard. So is SAHM but if you can get a moment to breath and relax take it. I get Sat & Sun off now but my baby still goes to my moms on Saturdays cause he loves it there and I get to veg out or do some chores alone! Lol plus you pay if your child goes or not so use it
SewingMamaLele
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 6:18 PM
2 moms liked this
My son goes to preschool, which I pay a full month for regardless of if it's Christmas break, spring break or June. They still offer class over those breaks, but I absolutely don't send him! I take all the time with my kids that I can get.

I understand how having that much time to do things on your own would be attractive, but I put the well being of my kids above my wants. I will have plenty of free time when they grow up, I'll take as much time with them as I can now!

I think the mentality and priorities of many working moms is just so much different than SAHM's, it's hard to fathom.
hapullymareed
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 6:18 PM
Its her week off....let her enjoy it....its not like the kid is being neglected....he is still receiving the same....if not more attention from her as usual. When people take vacations its to recharge....if I took a week off of work and then suddenly had mommy duty 24/7 I would probably go back to work feeling more exhausted.
She is making herself a better mom by taking time for herself so she isn't a raging loon when she is with her son.
TheHoustonJen
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 6:18 PM
Sure you're not a little jealous? She has a week off to do things for her self. There's no harm in that for her child or her. In fact, it's great! So What is your complaint about?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 95 on Mar. 28, 2014 at 6:18 PM

Not everyone likes their brains turned into mashed potatoes by their offspring!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN