Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should I call the bus company? *UPDATE! I called*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 81 Replies

This morning an elementary school bus parked in front of my home (and in home daycare) and the bus driver proceeded to smoke an E cig...on the bus. No children on the bus yet. But  children outside the bus...my clients. When she was finished she drove away. I don't know much about  E cigs but I thought that was just not a good example anyways. And why park in a neighborhood? Right in front of my house? Do you think this is something to call on? 

UPDATE: I called the bus company. Some of you may think its stupid. "kids see people smoking every day" yadda yadda yadda. Well I guess you are not taking into consideration the responsibility that those have who work with children. They can and do look up to these people.  I dont care how petty you view it. 

So when I called and explained the situation I was told that she shouldn't have been on the bus, and that she shouldn't have been parked in a neighborhood. I was also told that they are "working on the E cig situation" Obviously I'm not the only one to complain. Maybe you dont view it as a big thing. Doesn't matter. Its called respect. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes! How dare she set such a bad example on an empty bus!  

Anonymous
I wouldn't personally. I don't think that's a real huge danger there. Don't get me wrong, cig smoke isn't good for anyone but seriously I think as a society we are getting paranoid about it. Now we even have people getting worked up about "third hand smoke".
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:56 AM

nope

Anonymous

really- there weren't any kids on the bus.  yelling/ hitting kids, driving to fast- is something to call on.

cherkahn1
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:58 AM
Wasn't there just a big thing about the contents of e-cigs and how bad they are? I only read the heading but it was something about still being harmful to others around the smoker.
auntyag
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:59 AM
No not at all. The bus was empty, she wasn't hurting anyone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:59 AM

my daycare parents and children saw. There were no children on the bus. But there were outside. She was parked in front of my house as well. Why park in a neighborhood?  

Quoting Anonymous:

really- there weren't any kids on the bus.  yelling/ hitting kids, driving to fast- is something to call on.

Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:59 AM

No

zoegirlsmom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 10:00 AM

No

ILovemyPaulie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 10:00 AM

No, why waste the energy?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)