Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

HIs ex wont let go! vent

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:43 AM
  • 146 Replies
2 moms liked this

My Husbands ex wont get the hint that its over!

She seems to think that our marriage is just a fling and will eventually implode, she has reached out to his mother!!,  She called her asking to still be in her life since they grew pretty close, Hubs mom said she still consideres her family  and would be okay with that.  Im not and neither is my DH!.

He told me his ex faked being pregnant a few times to keep him in her life, they had a rocky on and off realationship and she just never wanted to let go.  DH told me he tried to make it work with her since they were HS sweethearts but some people just grow apart and he had lost love for her a long time ago.  
She told DH mom that she feels like he cheated on her by marrying me and wonders if we were sleeping together the whole time and made up this "vegas wedding" as a clever ploy.  For some reason DH mom seems to feel sympathy for this woman and actually had us over for brunch on sunday and questioned the crediablity of our "story".. I get she got hurt but It's not my fault and certainly none of her business to suggest such bullshit!.. DH says they weren't even together when he and I met.

After the brunch  She emailed DH and asked him what she could do to change his mind and that she'd be willing to accept these babies (she doesn't know they may ot be his and neither does his mom), and forgive him if he will simply just annul the marriage we have.  DH told her to basically kick rocks and shes been crying about it to his mom.  She is a nice woman (his mom) but I think she feels for his ex.

A mutual friend of theirs saw that on facebook she had posted a status (picture below)

I can understand shes hurting but how dare she bash me in public, and in a place where DH friends can see it, none of them have an issue with our marriage and have told me im a delight to be around.  Yet she can't just move on!.. gah.. some of you ladies predicted it wasn't going to be a perfect relationship but this has me stressed out and pissed off!.. Thanks for letting me vent!

by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:44 AM
2 moms liked this
Restraining order.
LuvU4ever666
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:45 AM

The next step!  But his mother is encouraging the behavour by carrying on a relationship with her.

Quoting owl0210: Restraining order.

Maks1mommy
by Emerald Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:46 AM

yep

Nutrition_Guru
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this
So your husband isn't the father of your unborn kids?
mojogirl
by Alice Liddell on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

inquiring minds want to know.... so did he cheat on her with you??

oh, and you can't dictate the company his mother keeps.  she's a grown woman and can hang out with whomever she likes.

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:47 AM
He needs to tell his mother to distance herself from his ex. She is clearly unstable and is causing unecessary drama.

Quoting LuvU4ever666:

The next step!  But his mother is encouraging the behavour by carrying on a relationship with her.

cdb7519
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:49 AM

Try not to take her public messages personally.  She is clearly sick.  I am sorry that you have to be in this situation.  From what you have said, it is clear that your hubby loves you and wants nothing to do with her.  There is a fine line between being supportive and enabling and it sounds like your mil might be enabling.  As long as she still feels some kind of connection, she feels like there is a chance.  Stay strong.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:49 AM
How long have you been together and how long married? Good luck with this, I have a feeling you're going to have a long and bumpy road with this family.
LuvU4ever666
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:49 AM

were not sure if he is or not, I was with my ex boyfriend until the night we met.  DH and I met in vegas and got drunken married and decided to stay married, I made a thread before.

Quoting Nutrition_Guru: So your husband isn't the father of your unborn kids?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:49 AM
You won't get a restraining order to stick, she has to threaten you or your children , defamation won't stick either because she hasn't actually harmed you. It's annoying and immature on her part. But don't feed into it. If his mom wants to invite drama and high school bull shit into her life then let her, just tell her that your husband and your children will not be part of it. Tell her you don't want to hear it, every time she brings her up you need to interrupt and tell her you don't care and then change the subject. Let it go.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)