Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Microfiber cleaning help!

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:30 PM
  • 17 Replies

Mobile Photo

I have a beige couch and love set in the living room. I clean it constantly with rubbing alcohol the way I was told but I can't get the flipping thing clean. There spots from say a sippy leaking or mostly from me cleaning a dirty spot. I'll attach a close up pic so you can see. Basically I'm getting the dark ring around the spot I cleaned. Its driving me nuts because it looks dirty when its not. I can unzip the cover and take it off. I've thought about washing it, but I'm scared I'll ruin it. Then I'm really screwed. Any tips?
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momto1ryen
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:46 PM
Bump
cheriealanismom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:47 PM
I just used alcohol tip clean mine. I found the best way to avoid the ring is to scrub the entire cushion at the same time.
sweetgrlangel
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:48 PM
Wash them inside out. I have a blue/gray couch love seat. I wash them all the time. The covers shrink a tad and are a pain to put back on but it works and is worth it. And looks nice afterwards.
momto1ryen
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:49 PM
Is it microfiber?

Quoting sweetgrlangel: Wash them inside out. I have a blue/gray couch love seat. I wash them all the time. The covers shrink a tad and are a pain to put back on but it works and is worth it. And looks nice afterwards.
momto1ryen
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:51 PM
I did that last night and I still have the rings.

Quoting cheriealanismom: I just used alcohol tip clean mine. I found the best way to avoid the ring is to scrub the entire cushion at the same time.
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:51 PM

can you use oxyclean?  i would make a thin paste and try scrubbing with that.

i've never had a microfiber couch, though, and don't know if that will damage it

julainepw
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:52 PM
I have washed covers like that before but you can not stick it in the dryer.
Air dry best NO heat.
I am not guaranteeing positive results. I would have to wash it though or it would bother me.
Ilovemylineman
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:53 PM
I wash my covers on the gentle cycle or hand wash cycle and have never had any problems with them just let them air dry
momto1ryen
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Its making me crazy. Dh and I went and looked at new furniture because of it, but ours is only 5 yes old and in good shape. I have though about oxyclean but I was worried it might fade it.

Quoting almondpigeon:

can you use oxyclean?  i would make a thin paste and try scrubbing with that.

i've never had a microfiber couch, though, and don't know if that will damage it

momto1ryen
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:57 PM
I might have to try it.

Quoting Ilovemylineman: I wash my covers on the gentle cycle or hand wash cycle and have never had any problems with them just let them air dry
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)