Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Where is your 18 month old at milestone wise?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

My daughter is very happy and amazing but she only says like 4 words and she talks and reads all same lalalalalalalala no actual words and she refers to everything everyone to dad?? Am i the only one?? My middle son could speak sentences at this age so im curious she has her check up in 2 weeks. Is your baby same?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
B1Bomber
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:47 PM

Is she otherwise average or better in her milestones? Talking really runs the gamut and tends to happen very quickly. DS went from 5 words to 50 in like a month shortly before turning 2.

Hot_Badonkadonk
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:48 PM

My 21 month old had a few words, maybe 10, that he said regulary. Within just the last month he has turned into a mocking bird and talks a lot!

sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:49 PM
my son will be 18 months on the first

hr says Daddy, yellow, Elmo, No King (our dog) and he sings a lot. Bababababa pipipipi, things like thay.

my 9 yr old was the same. he didn't really talk until he was almost 2 yrs old
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:49 PM
Sometimes kids scoot ahead in one area and lag in another. How are her motor skills? I know kids that age who can't say a word but they can color and get their own shoes on. My youngest is 16 months and she barely walks without holding a hand but she knows at least 100 words and uses simple sentences like "want more cookies".
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:50 PM

my kids don't start talking until their 2nd birthday.

my 16 mo can say; hey, mama & daddy.  he tries to say "boobie".  he likes to point to things and have me tell him the correct word.

jaydensmom1726
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:51 PM

It is hard to say when my son was that age he had a severe speech delay. At 2 he only spoke 15 words but could sign 20 and could understand. 25 signs. Now at 4 he is still delayed but only by 6 months .we are hoping that by the end of the year he will phase out of speech therapy

mayalove
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:53 PM
My ds is also 18 months he only has about 10 words. But he understands everything. My dd 4 had many more words but I'm not worried yet. He will get the words when he gets the words.
Jblb
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:57 PM
My ds was delayed at his 15 month appt. just last week at his 18 mth appt. he was advanced. As per the doctor, who up until last week I really trusted. I'm not sure how 3 months makes such a difference. I'll judge his milestones when he is 2.
Jblb
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:58 PM
I have a 4yo dd and an 18mo ds also!! My dd I swear was born walking & talking! Lol

Quoting mayalove: My ds is also 18 months he only has about 10 words. But he understands everything. My dd 4 had many more words but I'm not worried yet. He will get the words when he gets the words.
IncognitoOne
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:59 PM

My daughter talks up a storm. She's soaking up new words like a sponge. But when she wants something, it doesn't matter who she's with, it's always "mama."

She knows every one, I guess mama just has to be the only one who can do things for her, lol.

Kids learn to talk at different times, my oldest wasn't talking like this at this age;

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)