Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Reincarnation believers, a question for you.

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:58 PM
  • 30 Replies

For those of you who believe in Reincarnation.......what religion do you practice and what made you believe in this concept of having multiple lives?  I was a Catholic most of my life, then turned Agnostic about 5 years ago, although I have always believed in a "spirit" world and a creator of some sort.  After watching a special on Katie Couric recently about this topic, and having researched it, I am very open to this possibility!!  So what are your thoughts?  Do you feel as though you were once somebody else?

by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Pagan, and the law of conservation of energy, as well as some personal experiences.
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:09 PM
2 moms liked this

i'm a christian (with very "relaxed" views on christianity)

i don't for sure if i believe in reincarnation, but it's fascinating to me and it just seems to make sense.

Heisenberg
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:11 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm a Buddhist/Atheist.

I believe I was many people and things. I believe that when we die, our prana, or energy, life force, is joined with the collective energy of the universe and then dispersed and recycled.

partygal19dani
by Danielle on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, it's always been fascinating to me and makes sense after listening to people who have very tangible personal evidence of having another life!! It would explain some very strange occurrences!

Quoting almondpigeon:

i'm a christian (with very "relaxed" views on christianity)

i don't for sure if i believe in reincarnation, but it's fascinating to me and it just seems to make sense.

partygal19dani
by Danielle on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:12 PM
So Buddhists don't believe in a God? When does a person stop having more lives, according to Buddhism?

Quoting Heisenberg:

I'm a Buddhist/Atheist.

I believe I was many people and things. I believe that when we die, our prana, or energy, life force, is joined with the collective energy of the universe and then dispersed and recycled.

SexyBurlapSack
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:13 PM

This, but I'm a hedgewitch.

Quoting FoxFire363: Pagan, and the law of conservation of energy, as well as some personal experiences.

Heisenberg
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:14 PM
2 moms liked this

My feeling on reincarnation isn't necessarily confined to Buddhism. Buddhists believe differently, I can't speak for all Buddhists. This Buddhist does not belive in a god. Personally, I don't believe we ever stop having more lives. Energy can not be destroyed it only changes form.

Quoting partygal19dani: So Buddhists don't believe in a God? When does a person stop having more lives, according to Buddhism?
Quoting Heisenberg:

I'm a Buddhist/Atheist.

Browncoat4eva
by Mackenzie on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I would say that if there is life after death, reincarnation makes the most sense to me. The idea that if there's an eternal soul it only life lasting under 100 years doesn's make sense to me.

And I don't believe in any kind of eternal reward/punishment system, that doesn't make sense to me at all.

My religion is Wicca, there's no "official" doctrine. Most Wiccans believe in reincarnation of some sort but we don't have a "Bible" or "scripture" that tries to tell us what to believe, it's an orthopraxic religion that's highly experiential and it's up to us to do the research, evaluate experiences, meditate/pray on it and come to our own conclusions.

I try not to worry about it. While I'd love to 'go round' again, whatever will be will be.

Peace, and all that jazz...

~Mackenzie 

a Browncoat4eva 

...I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch me soar...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Christian. I believe in God but I also believe that spirits are reused in order to learn lessons and better improve oneself. I have memories from decades before I was born.  I tell my mom and my husband things. I've always been in touch with the spiritual world. It kept me reserved as a child because no one would understand what I knew or what I experience. I didn't tell my mom until my teen years. My husband knows. He watches Dead Files and ghost/spirits stuff with me now. I can see things from the past and future. I get along with people well because I am an empath. I can also see back into someones life if I touch them. Kind of like a flash biography. My granny could see spirits too. I've read that it can be genetic.

Whoisld
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:43 PM

Nope!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)